a/c and heater delete firewall pad

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
is there a repop of whatever was on the firewall when there was no heater or a/c plenum? i see firewall pads for a/c or heater only.

My car was originally a heater only car and then hacked up to make it A/C....now i'm taking it all out cause i want to go fast not be cozy. blocking off the firewall holes is easy and I'm sure i can make my own firewall pad, but thought maybe someone knew of a repop.

this is for a 70 dart swinger 340

I believe you are correct "perforated knock-outs where applicable"

If you wanna go fast why put anything back? Just plug the holes. Make a blank heater hose plate screw it on and plug the fan hole support plate and bolt it in place. I am even going to cut out the lower cowl an seal the outer cowl and wiper holes. and add a fiberglass dash.

Steering column and brake pedal bracket are also history. You don't need them. The make a floor/ chassis mount assembly.

Adjustable Pedal Kit - Brake & Gas

148.JPG

thanks for the input and cool build, but i'm not taking it that far. i'm just taking off some weight that isn't needed and plugging the holes. the interior still looks stock except the classic dash kit i bought to replace my junk rallye. i just didn't want an orange firewall blaring at me where it meets with the carpet. also my firewall was hacked up to add AC at some point in this cars life. it was originally a non a/c firewall....but now it has hacksaw holes all in it. its not pretty. i just want to plug it up.....put on the firewall pad to go with the carpet and drive it. i'll make a passenger side vent from the a/c box as well, since those are hard to find for heater delete cars.

-
Back