A/C Belt Length?

-

shhnappa

Reaction score
Does anyone know the A/C belt length for a 340 with A/C and the two additional pulleys, (Idler & Adjustment Pulley) It's a single belt that goes around the compressor, dampener, idler and adjuster pulley's. I'm finding a belt stating 53" but don't know if that is correct. I don't have everything assembled yet, so I can't take a measurement.

Schnappa, you are probably better off to go ahead and buy the belts listed for the car and check them for fit out. That is what I ended up doing on my 360 several years ago as I had pieced together a factory set up.

Don't get discouraged if you get the wrong length, it is rare I get the right part for my Duster on the first try on almost anything I buy for it. Master cylinders, brake shoes, radiators, fan belts...................

360, thanks for the thought. I was able to find a listing for A/C w/Idler, listed at 17/32 x 53", I was able to pick it up locally for $11.00 and should have this back together tomorrow, I'll post my findings. Thanks again.

Well, the parts catalogue was correct. I went with the listing for a '68 340 with A/C & Idler. The belt is 17/32 x 53" and goes around the dampener, idler, compressor and adjusting pulley, fits like a glove, $11.00 from Advanced Auto!!! Here's a pic of the stock set up.

CIMG2717Medium.jpg

Well, the parts catalogue was correct. I went with the listing for a '68 340 with A/C & Idler. The belt is 17/32 x 53" and goes around the dampener, idler, compressor and adjusting pulley, fits like a glove, $11.00 from Advanced Auto!!! Here's a pic of the stock set up.

CIMG2717Medium.jpg

Excellent! Don't you just love when they accidently give you the correct part. Savor it:)

-
Back