a/c compressor ?

-

terry

Reaction score
did chrysler ever use a different compressor than the v2 on late 60's early 70's a bodies? i bought a 70 duster from a fellow who was putting a 318 in it and found what appears to be a new single piston compressor in the trunk.
i can't seem to find any info on this style.
thanks
terry

No. V2 (9.45 cubic inch displacement) on the small cars, RV2 (10.5 cubic inch displacement) on the big cars. Anything else is aftermarket or not for a Mopar. The dealer-installed Mopar systems used V2 compressors; virtually all non-Mopar aftermarket setups (Mark IV, Frigi-King, Frigette, etc.) used a brick-shaped York (aluminum) or Tecumseh (cast iron) compressor. Those are 2-cylinder compressors like the V2, but they're inline-2 rather than a V2 configuration. The only Mopar A-body A/C setup that did not use a V2 compressor was the 1961 slant-6 setup, which used a Tecumseh HG-1000 cast iron 2-cylinder brick-shaped compressor.

thanks slantsixdan
this was a under the dash system that was probly installed at the dealer.
and yes it is shaped like a brick. housing is made of alumium.but there is no vendor name on it. there is a part number 012-05586 and lester-11 on the housing as part of the casting not a label.
does anyone have use for this i do not and never will. appears newly rebuilt and not installed
thanks
terry

yes yellowdartdave
a picture is worth a thousand words BUT i can not figure out how to post pic's on this sight.( tried many times)
i can send a picture of it to someone's e-mail if they give it to me
terry

Somebody tell Terry what this is off of.

His pics, not mine. :-$:-$

AC1.jpg

AC2.jpg

That's a common York 2-cylinder compressor used as original equipment on millions of Fords and AMCs and semi tractors and agricultural machines for cab cooling as well as on millions of port-of-entry A/C systems installed on American-market imported cars (Mercedes, Volvo, and many others) and scads of aftermarket A/C systems from the '60s through the '80s when the round-body Sanden type compressor gained favor.

thanks a million dan
are they worth anything dollar wise? this one's free for any member who could use it. just pay shipping
thanks again
terry

-
Back