A/C fire wall plugs/caps

-

tomcopbar

Reaction score
I want to take the AC parts off my car for this summer for some work around the engine. Has anyone done this with the intent to reinstall, if so, what did you use to cap the lines at the firewall and what did you use to plug the condensor lines if you didn't remove it completely? My car is a 71 Dart w/ 318.
TomB

I'd like to know too. Would love to find some nice plastic plugs to cover those fittings.

I havent been to see the Dart in a while, I am now wondering if I take some hydraulic line caps from work if they will fit. I am still wanting to find someone who has done this job right though...

Anything that will stay on and fits snug will work, I usually use some caps I find around at work or I get with parts I order. Just needs to keep moisture out of your system, also be careful if your system still has refrigerant in it, it can cause frostbite and blindness. It isn't terribly critical you keep it 100% air free as you'll need to evacuate it before you recharge it anyhow.

when i did mine i got some caps from kimbal midwest. i might have extras sittin around. they fit pretty tight and threaded on so will keep pretty much anything in or out. not presser but anything else

I used the plastic plugs that come with new a/c lines or power steering lines that I had in my tool box from years of wrenching .I save them and have two or three boxes of all different sizes.It payed off when it was time to re-assemble.

66 update 001.jpg

www.caplugs.com

Check out this website and see if you can find something that will work. The good thing is you can get FREE samples - I think up to 10 items. Find some body plugs while you're at it.

Jerry

I found some at the local Auto-Zone or Murray's or Advanced Auto.
Check out the attached photo.
BTW nice color! LOL!

Dan

A-C Caps.jpg

Dan, that is exactly what I am looking for. The colour will definatley be nicer soon, within a month fresh paint and new vinyl roof.

Tom

-
Back