A/C hose needed

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I need one last hose to finish the A/C system. It's on a 69 Dart with a 360. I need the hose from the front of the compressor all the way to the drivers side of the condensor.

Why not just have an A/C shop make one for you? If you're planning on running R134A refrigerant, you'll need new hoses anyway. The old ones will leak at a microscopic level, since R134A molecules are smaller than R12 molecules. The R12 hoses had minute holes in them so water vapor could escape, but R134A is even smaller than water molecules, so it'll leak through, too.

Why not just have an A/C shop make one for you? If you're planning on running R134A refrigerant, you'll need new hoses anyway. The old ones will leak at a microscopic level, since R134A molecules are smaller than R12 molecules. The R12 hoses had minute holes in them so water vapor could escape, but R134A is even smaller than water molecules, so it'll leak through, too.

I do plan on having the rubber replaced. But I need the hose assembly first with the right bends and stuf to kinda as close as posible make it look original.

I MIGHT have one, not sure.........I'll dig later today and get back to you..........I'm a packrat with this stuff. :-D

I MIGHT have one, not sure.........I'll dig later today and get back to you..........I'm a packrat with this stuff. :-D

That would be great, I have one that was cut that i can send you a picture of. and I have part of the original one that was made in three pieces, one part bolts to the comp. then a section of hose, then a section of pipe from the hose to the condensor. (this last piece is the one I'm missing from the later hose assem.) The first one is off a newer, like 70-72 car that would work but the pipe was cut at the condensor. Thanks

-
Back