Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Delange

Factoryman2000
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for parts to install AC on 63 Dart 225; compressor mount, original after market under dash unit and info on poss. need for larger radiator /fan shroud etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for parts to install AC on 63 Dart 225; compressor mount, original after market under dash unit and info on poss. need for larger radiator /fan shroud etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I bought this
[FOR SALE] - Slant Parts (Manifolds, Block, Oil Pan, BBS Carb)
from a member here, they show up from time to time. I finished installing it last week, replaced all the hoses, used 134a for refrigerant, it flat freezes my leg off. You will need the add on crank pulley, I got mine from a member here @RustyRatRod just take your time, it’s well worth the effort to me!

dddDuster; thanks for info. Are there pics or fotos anywhere of the compressor bracket, likely can fabricate/weld one if I saw it. Did you use rotary compressor or old piston type? How many rows should radiator have? Saw some install a system w dual compressor pulleys to
Then drive alternator from it. You have opinion on that? Thanks

I have both a factory unit and a Sears unit on 65s. First photo is the Sears compressor. Still has the factory radiator, no upgrade. Second is the factory. I can get better pictures is you need them. Both cars have the same radiator, so no difference there.

GEDC6506.JPG

GEDC6513.JPG

dddDuster; thanks for info. Are there pics or fotos anywhere of the compressor bracket, likely can fabricate/weld one if I saw it. Did you use rotary compressor or old piston type? How many rows should radiator have? Saw some install a system w dual compressor pulleys to
Then drive alternator from it. You have opinion on that? Thanks
If I saved them I might have a couple pics, lemme look. Mine is a York piston compressor, vintage air sells a generic mounting kit for sanden compressors if you go that way. Welding would be involved, should be able to get someone here to send you pics, several guys have done it. I went old school all the way, the vintage look is part of what I’m trying to do!

If I saved them I might have a couple pics, lemme look. Mine is a York piston compressor, vintage air sells a generic mounting kit for sanden compressors if you go that way. Welding would be involved, should be able to get someone here to send you pics, several guys have done it. I went old school all the way, the vintage look is part of what I’m trying to do!
I just saw 65DartDD1’s post, mine is the Sears set-up, it uses a York compressor, his pic is better than mine anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back