A\C removal suggestion

-

moparPW200guy

Mopar freak!!!!
Reaction score
ok i know this may sound odd but i have a suggestion for htose of us that want\need to remove the A\C system out of our cars. i had an 88 Dakota that was a NON A\C truck but it still ran the double belt setup like our '70 and later cars. where the compressor should have been there was an idler pully there to take up the slack. PLUS it also had a better setup for the alt with a screw adjustment rather than the old style. now granted this was on a 3.9L V6 but i compared it to my scamp with a 318 and everyting looked like it would be a seamless conversion. with this setup you wouldn't have to find pullys, brackets or anything else to run the belts. all you would have to find is a pully out of a newer truck.

just a suggestion. i hope this helps anyone that is going to remove the A\C system

i have not done this YET but have been toying with the idea if i put a new motor in my 71. the only drawback i see is maybe having to get the entire bracket setup off the dakota. i had this on my old 88 dakota and thought this might be a worthwhile deal for those that want to delete the A\C and see if anyone had done this.

-
Back