A camshaft essay.

-
Like I said Buschi - I wasnt being rude. (Ich war nicht unhoflich)

You need to google the effects of cam lsa and icl to understand why this is an issue - especially with carb induction...

Your cam will work fine installed with the factory chain...just not "perfekt"

Wir sind alles zusammen in diesem - These camshafts sind ein abkurzung das ist notwendig

well, I am too bad on the track to mess with nano seconds :) but I don't wanna dump 500 dollars in a cam which doesn't bring any positive effect compared to the stock cam.

Thats my only concern in the moment. and of course not to ruin the engine. you have no idea how expensive those 6.1 here are. ( > 6000USD used )

ah, and don't use google translators - that makes it worse.... :D

Combination of high school German and google :)

Anyhow - the cams ground on a 110 - 114 ICL will show better mid range and top end - but they will hurt cars with carbs down low

That is the nature of a later ICL.

A wider lsa such as 114 spreads and lowers the torque band and helps smooth idle - but this lowers top end....so no good for racers

You will be fine with the inertia cams or whatever brand you buy

Verstehen ( :p ). The post was simply an observation about the " trade off " we are all making - consciously or not.

Ok. I defenitly need to school me some cam knowledge. Ok, a lot. :) thats why i rely on the experience and knowledge of you guys . Here are really not that much people. And especially not with HEMI in Old Cars. Guess i was the first in Germany
So i really appreciate what you wrote...

why did you see improvements when you modified the intake?

I tried a narrow 3/4 height divider 1st...really made little difference

Then tried two brodix turtles end on end - no result.

Then I tried a full height divider running front to back...but this one was 1/2" wide...

This was a huge improvement.

Reasons? It improved fuel distribution to the outer ports ....but the volume of the divider reduced the plenum size substantially...and I think this helped as well.

The one area that only i proved marginally was my 60ft.....1.83 vs 1.91.......and of course now I know why this has been so hard to get on top of.......The cam profile is less than ideal.

Just checked my cam and she reaches max lift right at 110 and has a ICL of 114. This is at bang on straight up

-
Back