A couple new tools...

-

Krooser

Building Chinese Free Engines since 1959...
Reaction score
Throughout my wrenching days, since 1960 when I was a wee lad, I have always appreciated tools. Large or small. Hand, electric or air.

My Dad was not a mechanic but he had a decent supply of common tools for household repairs. He always bought good quality tools... he told me "buy the best you can afford and take care of them".

My older brother Jan bought me my first set of hand wrenches and screwdrivers. Sears economy "Dunlap" brand. Evidently I wasn't a very good custodian of those tools as he took them back for a few days when he found them scattered around our basement floor. I was doing winter repairs on my '47 Schwinn and was a bit too messy for his taste.

I got them back but learned a valuble lesson.

Fast forward 60-odd years and I needed to use my micrometers to measure the crank and other parts of my race engine. Nowhere to be found. Granted I had not used them in a few years, and there had been a couple new tool boxes added to the fleet over that time so they may have been "misplaced". Nope... gone.

So here's the new replacements... nice, older Starrett USA made in 2-3", 3-4" and 4-5" inch. I still need a 1-2". Ebay finds and I spent around $80.00 on the three. Very nice condition.

These will be with me until I assume room temperature.
IMG_20200216_113518247.jpg

I also picked up this Longacre caster camber gauge. Made for a standard hub I ordered a replacement magnetic adaptor to fit the "wide five" hubs we use today.

IMG_20200216_113329022.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back