A couple old facebook memories came up today on Facebook.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was still working as assistant manager at a local gas station back in 1976 when this car came up for sale three miles from were I lived. I called and went to look at it and his wife was there. Car was set up for a big block with fender wall headers included. Dana 60 with spool, aftermarket axles, and 4:88 gears. Fiberglass doors, fenders, hood, trunk, and fenders. Centerline wheels with fresh 14-32 slicks. 1600.00 as it sat or 1650.00 with a new Morosso oil pan. I put a deposit on it and applied for a short term loan the next day. Income tax was coming and I paid it off 28 days later. My first big block car and first time in the 10’s with if I remember right a best of 10.28. It had some kind of crazy slide a link suspension on it that you had to keep clean and oiled. Pictures from Norwalk and Keystone. It was orange and yellow when I bought it. A friend in Florida is still friends with the old owner and sent me the old orange and yellow pictures.

IMG_1765.jpeg

IMG_1764.jpeg

IMG_5529.jpeg

IMG_5528.jpeg

I haven’t thought about the slide a link suspension in probably 39 years. I was going to do it, but a 4 link was less money and not much more work to install.

Cool dart John.
Back in 1976 I was still working on being born lol.
You elders were blessed to live in the coolest period of time in my opinion.

-
Back