A Different kind of racing - HArdcore

-

brewil

Reaction score
Yesterday was my boys first downhill race. He placed 6th. Super stoked.

His buddy came off at about 90kph/ 55mph

Check the vid. He was fine but another guy bailed and lost a spleen and has a punctured lung.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STtLHaTsz2k"]Simon Sturrock bail High Rising 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

I've watched a lot of videos on this sport.

I do respect the skill involved, but I would never let my son do this. I'm with Fratzog.

Like any sport, motorcross or drag racing or water skiing, surfing...there's always a risk.

Helmets on the street always and leather and helmet for racing. It's an incredible sport, the vibe is great and there's a really healthy sense of community. Super proud. Then again I was a skater so I understand the risks.

Amazes me the disregard you have for the safety of your son, you are the parent and traditionally you would know whats best for your son and try to keep him safe not encourage him to put himself into dumb situations just cause the neighbors son is doing it.

Maybe you were not offered the same common sense as a child so you do not know any better.

I hope your son somes through his youth in one piece.

If the neighbors kid makes a sport out of jumping into interesctions and playing chicken with cars would you let your son do the same? Just my opinion and it prob. will not be popular.

You're totally right. I'm a terrible father. I just wished he loved me more so that I wouldn't have to push him into dangerous sports so that I could play out my Munchausen by proxy issues. If only people like Tony Hawk or Danny Way had heeded this kind of advice they could be office workers!

Amazes me the disregard you have for the safety of your son, you are the parent and traditionally you would know whats best for your son and try to keep him safe not encourage him to put himself into dumb situations just cause the neighbors son is doing it.

Maybe you were not offered the same common sense as a child so you do not know any better.

I hope your son somes through his youth in one piece.

If the neighbors kid makes a sport out of jumping into interesctions and playing chicken with cars would you let your son do the same? Just my opinion and it prob. will not be popular.

So I suppose you wrap your kids in bubble wrap before they go out:wack::wack:

So I suppose you wrap your kids in bubble wrap before they go out:wack::wack:

I love my children. No I wouldnt wrap them in bubble wrap but I wouldnt allow them to drive ( as an instance ) until they were of proper age to underrstand the consequences/responsabilities/risks of doing such that may be suddenly accidently realized.

You're totally right. I'm a terrible father. I just wished he loved me more so that I wouldn't have to push him into dangerous sports so that I could play out my Munchausen by proxy issues. If only people like Tony Hawk or Danny Way had heeded this kind of advice they could be office workers!

Never said you were a terrible father, I do hope you do not regret the decisions you are making for the young man though.

I lost one to carelessness and I do not wish that upon anyone.

-
Back