A friend asked me to buy this for him when I get home. Pretty cool, not Mopar though

-
Those axels vs. tires were the first thing I noticed. Those tires and wheels have to be 200lb a pc (prob. more). all that fighting those gears, u-joints, and hp. Something in the drive train will break! Most likely that thing will go through u-joints like crazy. If not the UJ then the ring and pinion.
Also, with that many springs, all the beating is taken out on the wheel bearings. Been there already!
At 10k, to make that truck worthy of a lift like that.....The Rockwells are def. needed, and that'll be plenty of work on a new toy and add a few grand to the tag too.

That said, always have liked the look of that Body style.

wow, indiana has no lift laws that i know of well in my area anyway, police just dont care, ive seen a truck running 33s all the all the way to 54 19.5 boggers! then theres those damn kids with 40s on excurssions, with 20 inch wheels that look stupid. so i believe weve covered basically everything, so is your friend gonna get the truck?

He's thinking about it. He has a lot of questions now (thanks to some good points on here) to ask the guy, I believe he's just waiting for the guy to respond.
Also, if I buy it for him (with his money obviously), and hold it at my house, I still have to drive it 2 hours to get it to my house, and hopefully not get pulled over on the way.

Sounds like you got to watch out now a days that the cops are out in force looking to make revenue.

My dad just got sighted for 5 infractions on his lifted Ford. He was nice though and only gave him fix it tickets for 3:finga: He got him for no front PL, no mud flaps, and tinted side glass. The other two were the head lights were 1 inch to far fron the ground and his exhaust was to high off the ground. :wack:

did you ever get the ford monster truck?

The truck owner hasn't returned any of my friend's emails, and hasn't called him back in over a week, so Jason (friend) has givin up on it. He sort of figures the guy's wife maybe wants him to get rid of the truck, and so he put it up for sale, but tells her nobody is asking for it.

thats all craigslist seems to be flooded with, guys with a bitchy wives telling them to sell their toys, ive been trying to sell my 94 bronco for almost a month now, its worth 1900 as it sits, thats with the beat up fender and door, and id take 1300 and still cant get anyone to pony up that, everything works i can drive it anywhere, its just that ppl see that damn fender and door and o no thanks, my money is nicer than your truck. 1300 for a 94 clean interior, stong 351 with efi, auto, push button 4wd that works great, on 32 nch tires with eagle alloy wheels.

-
Back