A fun idea... how difficult would it be?

-
Can you say "extreme lift"?

Birdlg_xlarge_3.jpg

I like being different but the craftsmanship has to be at a high level. I do like the red dart no doubt better than the others. I would put the wing on my car in a second. I know it would have no function but I like the look. I would not change the front though. That's just me.

It comes down to this: The idea behind this thread is really about customizing. And if there's one thing I've figured out about FABO is that there's very little support for anything customized around here.

Beauty is definitely in the eye, but I find bone-stock restorations incredibly boring. I'm a creative person by trade, so I respect anyone who personalizes their car, even if I don't agree with the concept or execution. Reversible mods are always better, but hey, we're talking about a-bodies here. You can always find another one. And as long as you own it, it's not my place to tell you what you should or shouldn't do with it.

Even though the interweb has completely obliterated this old-fashioned notion, I'm still a firm believer in the phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I'd say you nailed it right there, Vynn,....Now Of one of you computer dudes can photo shop a Caliber with a pointy nose on it....

That's actually why its so damn tall. It had to be that tall to get it into laminar air flow. The greenhouse on those cars was so tall and steep that more standard height wings would have still been in turbulent air flow. So Ma Mopar raised the wing so that it would actually create useable downforce on the track. Won a whole lotta races to prove it too. Which is why nascar banned them after that...
I heard it was just so the trunk would open, but I like this idea too lol.

Well, (he says in a huffy voice), SOME people think it's a good idea on other Dodges.

All those that really like the parrot nose (I've got them) and don't have a 70 front clip to put on, raise their greasy hands.

I REALly like that orange charger!

Not trying to start a riot but if you didn't like your front clip (which you've said several times) why did you buy the car? Also it would be much cheaper to get a glass front clip or pick one up from a local or swap meet somewhere then to do all the mods for an a body wing car. The nose cones that are for b body cars that are fake are never less then 1000.00
I'm just responding to what other's have said about what I said.
Again, all those that like the parrot nose raise their hand.
Sorry if I've been repetitive. Sheesh.
I just want a nose job.
People do that all the time. The can like everything else about themselves.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkzTcUVTP0Q"]"Jewcan Sam" (A Nose Job Love Song) - The Groggers [Official Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

I bought the cars(s) like 15 years ago. They were pound puppies that no one wanted back then. Before the market got stupid.
They were V8 cars with solid bodies. And I then built them like I wanted them. But I didn't have a more desireable front clip. And they are now too nice to do that.
I don't want a whole plastic front end, thank you very much.
And I would seriously pay good money for a quality kit. But I do realize there is no demand for it.:sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

I heard it was just so the trunk would open, but I like this idea too lol.

The wing was for Nascar, Ma Mopar wouldn't have cared if the trunk opened on the production version if it had meant a few extra mph on the track.

In fact, if Nascar rules hadn't specified that a certain number of the cars be made for production, I seriously doubt there would even have been a production version.

I agree the '71 looks better too. So now I like the a-body and '71-up b-body winged Mopars better than what was actually made.

-
Back