A Good Score, and a Question

-

55Redneck

Reaction score
I found out about an abandoned house here in town that is going up for sale soon. I guess the renters left in a hurry and left a bunch of stuff outside for the taking. The first thing I see is some firewood and I was getting kinda low so I got enough now to last us the rest of the season. I go into a small (about 8x8) garden shed that's packed with all kinds of stuff and the first thing I see sitting on a shelf is a pair of complete 68 Beaumont tail light assemblies including the pot metal corner pieces in the dark olive green GM used back in the day. One cracked lens but in pretty good shape other than that.

Other things on the list of found goodies.

1 BOP T-350, 2 GM HEI Distributors complete with caps and coils ect, 1 GM starter, 1 GM power steering pump. 2 AC Delco alternators (1 small, 1 bigger), 1 Rochester Quadrajet carb, 1 Cummins fuel pump, about a dozen or so fan and serpentine belts that most are new, something that looks like an old parking meter. It says Tachograph on it and also has some kind of speedo built into it but that's not the piece that has me the most curious about what it is. I've got 24 of these brand new in the box. Anyone have a clue as to what they are???

whatisit04.jpg

whatisit03.jpg

whatisit02.jpg

whatisit01.jpg

It has a 3 prong style household plug on it and an orange and black wire that both have a crimp on type c-clip connector on them??? Anyone have a clue?

Looks like a battery charger of some sort. I would plug it in and check voltage at the terminals.

The gauge face reads 0 to 1 in increments of .2 whatevers. It takes in 110-120 volts (plug shape). It seemingly has two output channels, each with an orange wire and a black (ground?) wire.

Maybe it is some sort of voltage supply or signal conditioner.

I would plug it in and check voltage output.

The gauge face reads 0 to 1 in increments of .2 whatevers. It takes in 110-120 volts (plug shape). It seemingly has two output channels, each with an orange wire and a black (ground?) wire.

Maybe it is some sort of voltage supply or signal conditioner.

I would plug it in and check voltage output.

Correction: seems to have one pair of output wires. They were looped and I thought there were two sets.

I'm electronically challenged but underneath the guage it says, DC Milliamperes. A few other places I've asked this question on keeps steering me towards it being a controller for an electric fence. It does sorta make sence because I live in a farming area but, it also says on the plug to keep it out of moisture so if it is a fence controller I guess it should be undercover.

Cool! If that's the case, the voltage should be in the 10K t0 40K range. I do have to say that I've never seen a fence charger with a meter though.... Have you checked voltage at the leads? Generally a fence charger will have wing nut terminals.

-
Back