a GOOD torque wrench...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a used Snap On Torq O Meter off Ebay this past year. Calibrations are free through any Snap On dealer, but it was still right on the mark. Although it does not have a convenient "click" when it reaches the preset torque, it does have a light that comes on and that still works. Since they have a dial type readout, a lot of people think they are obsolete, but they work great. I got mine for under 75 bucks shipped and it sold for well over 200 when new and still works as new. Here is one to watch. I don't think it has the light on it, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-1-2...H_DefaultDomain_0&vxp=mtr&hash=item231730ec12

I have a small in. lbs. torq O meter that I use on transmissions and setting up differentials. Love it. That's a deal on that one on E-bay.

BTW: your lucky Snap-on doesn't charge you. They charged me $20 to have my big 1/2" drive Snap-on torque wrench calibrated. I wonder if Snap-on actually did it free and it was just the dealer that charged the fee?

I would sure be findin out because as long as I've had torque wrenches from Snap On....that's about 30 years.....I've never had to pay for calibration. Not once. The dealer I use now actually does it on the truck. He has a nice calibrator.

Stroker, are your Snappy torque wrenches like this one?
Those can be calibrated easily once the original seal is removed and many dealers have a calibration tool on their truck. Mac torque wrenches have a lead plug in the handle that has to be removed and can't be calibrated on the truck. I have all my wrenches calibrated by a Quad State Gauging (local). tmm

Yes. My 3/8 is like that. My 1/2 is an old Torq O Meter.

I would sure be findin out because as long as I've had torque wrenches from Snap On....that's about 30 years.....I've never had to pay for calibration. Not once. The dealer I use now actually does it on the truck. He has a nice calibrator.

I have one I need to get checked now so I think I'll look at their website and see if I can find something pertaining to it. If I do I'll print it out and take it with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back