a great story......

-

73dart4dr

Reaction score
i bought a 73 dart in october, and started to tear it down and restore it, ive been working on it all winter and i pretty much have it complete, i decided to take it on a little road trip from michigan to charlotte north carolina, for spring break, i have replaced many of the typical wear points on the car as prevenative measure, since it has not been on the road in 8 years. so i decided i better pack some extra parts and tools so that if i had any problems i would be able to fix them, i kinda expected to at least have a few issues with it, since i was only able to 50miles on it in michigan before i left.

to my surprise the only thing i had to do is tighten the belts and add a little oil, so i made it to north carolina with no problems, but when my sister was coming to meet me at her house, she called and said that her car was overheating, so i told her to pull over and shut it off and i went to meet her, her idler pulley bearings froze up and welded themselves together and thus ruining the serpentine belt, she drives a 97 tauras, i just found it kinda ironic that i packed all my tools expecting to work on my dart and i ended up putting a pulley and belt on her much much newer car! i guess that really shows the durability of the mopar!! i really wish that i would have taken a picture of the hood of the taurus up and that the trunk of the dart up right behind it with me working on the taurus

Greg

Yeah, that's priceless. Parts or payments, nobody rides for free. It's in that 5-to-10 year-old timeframe that the used cars driven alot really cost in maintenance. After that, if you watch it and do the routine stuff it kinda levels off. Even a 30 year-old Mopar can be pretty darn dependable.

-
Back