A Letter From Hell

-
Let me just state as a last entry on this blog that "OneOfMany" has grossly misquoted me in his recent statements....and later, my words on the Sovereignty of God are mishandled and misinterpreted as well. (That's also one of the errors of the liberals and atheists who ram evolution down our childrens throats with no opposing viewpoints.)

To bring your statements about computers into the light (since you have again found me in error), can your 2 dimensional computer systems create life? Your thinking needs to come of age.

In my blogs, I have presented to you a number of facts that by themselves, prove the impossibility of the theory of evolution. You fail to deal with them scientifically. You also mention isotopes briefly........Granite, for example, according to your evolutionary theory, was formed over millions of years.....yet there are isotope "halo's" present in granite from an element with a half life of less than a hundredth of a second.......in other words, granite was formed instantly.....not over millions of years......but if you believe in rhetoric rather than science, so be it.

Using our Mopars as an object lesson once again, if you choose to buy your classic based upon another mans beliefs or words, so be it..... you deserve what you get. I, and countless others however, will personally test and prove that which we purchase....we won't be satisfied with rhetoric or someone's opinions........we'll make certain the mechanics are operating properly, look for leaks, and test how it drives and handles. When we've proven it to be acceptable or unacceptable, we'll buy it or leave it.

I hope that everyone who's been reading this thread will realize that what they "wager" here is their eternal existence........large stakes. I hope you test it fully before making an eternal decision.

.....and by the way, I'm not a reactionary......I did NOT click the link and watch the video or whatever it is.....I have not once in the thread commented upon it or referred to it....I've merely responded to other writers.....I don't use scare tactics, or whatever is presented on the link, and I would never approve of them either. All we need do is present the Truth as written, and trust in It's Power (and not attempt to put God in a box of "personal Theology" either). Don't be misled.....The Judge of the Earth SHALL do right.

Later.............. :glasses8:

.... but what about those aliens.
spacecraft.gif

This is a very interesting thread,I actually agree with rumble on the video being a bit over the top but in this case it was only a kid making it.I was born and raised catholic but Ive fallen away from church somewhat over the years due to various reasons.I think their is no perfect relgion or church simply because man inevitably oversees it and we are flawed.I do share a strong personal relationship with Jesus and even though I fail to go to church regularly I think its the life you live that counts.

Ahem, cough cough. Was this a Mopar Abody forum or a christianity discussion forum I just logged on to? :scratch: :puke:

But the alien theory does have merit! :hello1:

I hope that everyone who's been reading this thread will realize that what they "wager" here is their eternal existence........large stakes. I hope you test it fully before making an eternal decision.

Later.............. :glasses8:

Without getting into the argument of who or what is right or wrong, how do you "test" a religion or the existence of a supreme being? Aren't we taught to accept the Bible & the teachings of Christianity on faith?

Also, when speaking of computers, I understood OneOfMany, when he said that "all information from instructions to data is stored as two simple states." to be referring to the fact that computers use a binary language. All their functioning is based on "switches" being either off or on.

Dont mind me, I just love to debate people on a topic. Whether I agree with the debater is irrelevant, I just enjoy taking an au contraire position lol.

I certainly don't presume that a two dimensional computer system can generate life. My point was simply that using two electrical states, represented as a zero and a one, and combining them in groups "bytes" we can create larger combinations. You brought up the analogy to begin your dissertation that somehow the 280 bits of information couldn't have turned into millions of bits. Actually, the screen you are looking at proves this. Your video card is displaying 24bits of information. With 24bits of information it can display 16.7 million colors (dont believe me, check your display properties.). 32bits will display over 4 billion bits. Regardless, your 280bit analogy is flawed anyway.

If you understand your basic school science class, you should be aware that all matter on this planet (measured therefore FACT) and that measured on other celestial objects (measured and presumed FACT) is comprised of the same elements that are contained in the periodic table. There are no mystical in-between elements simply because each element is the result of adding one (1) proton to the one previously. Hydrogen - the lighest element has 1, helium the next lighest has 2, and etc. to the end of the table.

Although this table contains only 100 or so "stable" (non-radioactive or decaying elements), it is the billions of "compounds" that are made up of these elements that we should be referring to. Most common materials, ones that we eat, and are made of are made up of various combinations of 3 basic elements - Carbon (hence the term carbon-based life), Hydrogen and Oxygen. These along with combinations of the other "elements" constitute the variety of the objects we are and see. The total combinations possible are incalculable.

As far as the isotope halo argument, you should be aware that Creationist scientists -
Russell Humphreys
Larry Vardiman
Andrew Snelling
Eugene Chaffin
John Baumgardner
Steven Austin
Donald DeYoung
Stephen Boyd
from the Institute for Creation Research and the Creation Research Society believe they are the result of the heating effect during the Great Flood (which I do believe has occurred - regardless of the book the story is in)

http://creationwiki.org/Pleochroic_halos

You also are asking for proof of evolution. DNA does that, I dont have to post a billion links about this. Its available to anyone with an open mind and a PC.

Your analogy "Using our Mopars as an object lesson once again, if you choose to buy your classic based upon another mans beliefs or words, so be it..... you deserve what you get." is exactly opposite to your position. You promote the belief in "another mans beliefs or words", whether it is the spoken word of the clergy, or the written word of an apostle. In fact, you spent the last two paragraphs preaching your beliefs and position to all who read.

As far as "grossly" misquoting you. I do not mind being labelled wrong, but please don't call me wrong, then not show me where. That is just contradictory. I also think if you were not referring to me when you said "(That's also one of the errors of the liberals and atheists who ram evolution down our childrens throats with no opposing viewpoints)", then you could have at least put it in a separate sentence, nevermind a new paragraph. No offense taken though.

"Such an idea also defies the second law of thermodynamics, which in simplicity states that everything in the universe "slows down, and wears down".......it does NOT increase, and it does not become more complex..........the opposite is true according to the laws of physics."
Unfortunately this is not even close to a definition for the 2nd law. The 2nd law is that in an isolated environement, any imbalance in TEMPERATURE will eventually balance itself out, until it reaches equilibrium or balance. It has nothing to do with "slowing down" or wearing down.

Please be aware that I harbor no ill will or bad feelings towards anyone expressing their belief, and I dont consider the teaching of religion to my child as the ramming of creationism down her throat, as you apparently feel about evolution. I simply am against extremism by any religious group that believes "their" way is the only way.

Respectfully,
Grant

I said I was signing off the thread, BUT......................

In direct response to you again, let me state the following........

It is a scientific impossibility for polonium halo's to be visible within depths of solid granite formed millions of years previously, through a heating effect caused by the deluge (I use the evolutionists terminology....which flood, as a course of fact, was not even regarded as a possibility until recent decades by evolutonists.... and now accepted due to the overwhelming scientific evidence). The halo's were formed at the time of the crystalizing of the granite........the halo's stand as a scientific testimony of the time it took for the granite to crystalize......it was certainly not 300 million years, or 300 thousand, or even 300 minutes.

As far as your statement that I didn't tell you where you grossly misquoted me....... ????? I would think that your "quotation marks" around words that I did not write would be the obvious indicator.

You state also that I am contradictory based upon my Mopar analogy, using the "other mans beliefs or words" argument.............let me make this as clear as I possibly can.....I have not believed a blessed thing based merely upon ANY words or opinions I have read, either by Apostle or anyone else......I have PROVEN those words through direct and practical application in my own life and heart............there is no contradiction, except to one who has not yet proven them for his or her self.

Your statement about my complete misunderstanding of the 2nd law of thermodynamics is equally lacking, as my stating it in simple terms relative to my context was quite accurate. Your statement that it has to do with temperature finding equilibrium is only a partial truth.....it also deals directly with density and pressure, and the measurement over time of the dispersing effect of the energy of which we speak (entropy)...........quite simply put, all things "wear down" (to what we would term equilibrium) whether they be temperature, density or pressure......this law is at work right now in your body, and in the earth around us....and in the universe....it is irreversible.......My understanding was not even close you say? Come now......lets be factual. My understanding has worked for over 20 years now in my science classes.......I hope I haven't learned it all in error.

You close mentioning the term "extremism", stating basically that if someone claims that his belief system is the ONLY truth, that he is an "extremist".(You state it in the context of religion, relative also to our discussion on creation/evolution)........... If this is your belief, then you must believe Jesus Christ Himself was the most extreme of all........we may as well say it. He claimed that no one comes to the Father, except through Him.....that He was the "Way, the Truth, and the Life".........lets just say it........He was an extremist....but he was NOT an extremist that killed in His Fathers Name, or told others to do it.....He never forced any of His beliefs down others throats either....He just taught the Truth, and gave men free will and free choice.

You ended with a comparative argument relating to my statement about the schools forcing evolution down our kids throats with no room for opposing viewpoints....you attempted to put the forcing of religion on the same plane.......Our schools, however, do not force feed our kids 'religion'....they force feed evolutionary theory (which, again, Darwin stated "did not work".....read up on his works a bit and find what he really believed after testing his theories)...........Are your kids really force fed religion? Where? Is it state mandated? Is it presented with no mention of opposing viewpoints? Are books on evolutionary thought forbidden in these religious force feedings? I don't suppose they are, because they don't exist.

You CHOOSE to educate your children on creationism and religion. You don't have that choice in public school systems. That's a precursor to totalitarianism. Was that an extreme statement? Read up on the Third Reich for further insight.

(Did you also actually say that DNA proves evolution? Deal with the evidence against your theories, and you may come to understanding.....direct contradictory facts are never outweighed by indirect opposing arguments or speculation).

Doc :glasses8:

By the way.....please don't misunderstand my zeal relative to "force-feeding"...I know you stated that you don't feel that way about religion being taught to yur kids.......my statements are intended to stress the inequality and censorship that is rampant in US Schools.............

And furthermore, my respects to you as well..................

And even FURTHER more, WHERE DID YOU GUYS FIND THAT UFO SMILEY ????? That thing is Great!! (I gotta get me one......... does it got a Hemi?) :glasses8:

hey you guy's, didn't any of you watch the movie stargate? i believe we are all aleins.......Beam me up scotty!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rr::rr::rr::rr::rr:

We might have came from Evolution and we might be a alien science project. And another thing is where did the dinosaurs come in before God created the earth or after? I don't know for sure about any of this. Everyone of us has a fundamental belief in a higher power. For me I choose to call that higher power God. This is how I was raised and it's the only way I know. I am a Christian. Instead being a Agnostic or a Atheist I would much rather serve God and do His will rather than spend eternity in Hell just because of my ignorance. There are always a bunch of "Yeah but..." when people get on a topic of God. Wouldn't you want to be on the good side and tell people about God and serve Him yourself instead of in the end find out you was wrong? And if you are right and there is no God and therefore no Hell you didn't lose anything.

The link doesn't work for me. Therefore the title of my reply.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blacksabbath/afterforever.html

Invoking space aliens doesn’t answer the basic question.
Where did “life” come from?
It only removes the origin to another place.
I don’t know if life can be defined.
Much less created.
If life just happened by chance it must be a fairly simple process.
Why doesn’t someone “create” life?
Go ahead.
I’ll wait.

God and a scientist were having a discussion.
God scooped up a handful of mud, formed a man, breathed into his nose and the man became alive.
“No problem”, said the scientist.
The scientist scooped up a handful of dirt and started to form a man.
“Wait a minute,” said God.
”Get your own dirt”.

DNA?
A common designer.
Not necessarily a common ancestor.

“For me, the idea of a creation is not conceivable without invoking the necessity of design,” “It is in scientific honesty that I endorse the presentation of alternative theories for the origin of the universe, life and man in the science classroom. It would be an error to overlook the possibility that the universe was planned rather than happening by chance.”

WERNHER VON BRAUN 1912-1977
Psalms 19:1. “The heavens are telling the glory of God and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.” (his grave stone)

You know I've been reading this entertaining and interesting thread and am not going to get into my beliefs because they are my own and nobody elses. I think you members should be proud of the fact that even though this discussion could have of got ugly "so far" it hasn't and I also I think all you members should be proud of the fact that you live in a country that allows you to have this kind (religion) of open discussion. I truly feel sorry for the people in the world that to have a discussion like this could end with the speakers disappearing or worse jailed and executed for having thoughts contrary to the accepted beliefs. I've worked in those countries as I'm sure have other members of this website and it's not a pretty situation to be in.

Terry

For me I choose to call that higher power God. This is how I was raised and it's the only way I know. I am a Christian. Instead being a Agnostic or a Atheist

i was also born into a christian family, grew up going to sunday school and church every sunday, i was also confirmed. But after starting to think and do a little research, ive come up with athiest ideas as to why im here. Im not a bad person, ive never broken any laws, done any misdeeds (at least nothing everybody has done one point or another, im not perfect), but i keep hearing that if i dont accept god and jesus that ill go to hell. does that mean that a bad christian wont go to hell? I have the same morals as any other christian or any person, i just dont beleive in god and have much supporting evidence (otherwise i wouldnt beleive in what i believe). everybodys got their opinion, if im going to hell for believing that im here because of evolution than so be it, a loving god that would be. anybody will be accepted into heaven as long as they accept god in one point of thier life or another? does this include sinners? im going to hell but exmurderers are going to heaven because they say that they believe in god. see what i mean? too many holes in the story

A loving God does not send anybody to hell. A loving God provided a way of escape, through Jesus Christ. "The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair." - (lyrics from a Reliant K song) Jesus was the ultimate extremist. He "upset the apple cart" so much, that the "religious" leaders of the time had him crucified. It was/is through His sacrifice that we have the opportunity to escape judgment for OUR sins. Our loving God is also a holy and righteous God. The Bible teaches that there is a penalty for sin - death. But, the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ His Son. God does not send anyone to hell, they choose it by rejecting the free gift of salvation provided by the unfair suffering and death of Jesus. Can a murderer go to heaven? Yes, he can, if he repents (a willful turning from sin) and asks forgiveness for his sin. Only God knows if all who claim to be "Christian" really follow Him. It is sadly true that some who claim to be Christians live immoral lives. But, they will be held accountable to God for their actions, as will you and I.

There are no Atheist in Hell !!!!! One day we will all be believers !!!!:angel8:

When we search or own understanding for a reason to believe in Christ, we will fail every time. Human understanding falls far short of realizing true justice, true holiness, and the ability to comprehend eternity.

Human arguments, although conceived with good intentions, will never serve to convince one of Heaven or hell, or give us insight into understanding God and His purposes.....That's where the Word of God comes in.

When the Words of Christ find their way from our brain into our hearts, then we can find true answers. I've heard it stated that some of us are not "bad persons"........fact is that we all fall short of God's Glory and Perfection, as one here has admitted by stating he's not perfect...neither, my friend, am I....that's the point......we can try to keep the perfect law and fail every time.....THIS is why Jesus Christ came to Earth and died, then rose again......to teach us how to live, to pay the wages of our OWN sins, and to give us freely the power to live with Him forever. That's a good deal! All I need do is believe in my HEART (not say it from my head) that Christ died and rose again on my behalf.........With such a free gift staring me in the face, it would be irrational at best to deny Him.....BUT, with statements like that, there will again enter in the "human" arguments.

"Some people won't find out 'til it's too late that there's really nobody else.....it's breaking His Heart, the longer you wait.....and you've only been lying to yourself....and no one believes a word you say, not even you....you know you're gonna find out that He's the Way, no matter which way you choose....but I hope you find out by His Love for you."... Keith Green

A murderer who repents (that is, from his heart, he has found sorrow for his sin, and turned from it, asking forgiveness) will certainly be forgiven and enter Heaven, with simple child-like faith in Jesus Christ. That's the Gospel. An Atheist, although being a pretty darn good person, by essence denying the existence of God and Christ, cannot enter into Heaven, because He has denied the Lord Who has purchased Him by His own Blood. It's not "works" that we do.....it's Faith in Him......It's "belief" in Him that He honors, even in the face of all the human arguments He KNEW were going to come your way in life..........That's why He said to us, "....and lean not on your own understanding". If mankind was able to figure it all out and bring in a desired utopia (by his own great intellect and sense of justice), we would have done it long ago.....but the fact remains that even the most wise and just among us cannot solve the problems we face, and even fall into sin and depravity themselves like the worst among us.....and yes, even "Christians"......(and let me point out that if you claim Christ's Name but live in evil or sin, you are NOT Christian.....Anyone who is born of God cannot continually sin, because God's seed (the Holy Ghost) remains in Him, he cannot go on in continual sin).

If we would simply READ the Word of God, and let it sink into our hearts, we would then begin to realize that all of the inconsistencies and "holes" we come up with relative to eternity are really NOT of God's doing, but of our own.

We need a personal relationship with our Creator. We don't necessarily need good works (although they are beneficial).....we don't need more human understanding or 'reasoning'......we need someone to come and give us hope and answers for the future of mankind. Christ has done it all, and written it in His own Blood.

That's good enough for me. (a footnote..... My Mopars are just steel on rubber.....that's all.....But buddy, how much more I enjoy the simple pleasures they bring me when I've come to realize that my future is SECURE in Christ, and my debt is PAID in full........WHAT A RELIEF! That's what drives a "Christian" to want others to know the Good News of Jesus Christ).

:toothy7: (MoPar's for life.....Christ for Eternity!........and please, all you zealots out there, don't "read into" what I just said..... I don't "worship" my Mopars.......I just "use" them)

"To summarize this important conclusion that is known by very few who are not chemists: Energetically, the second law of thermodynamics favors the formation of the majority of all known complex and ordered chemical compounds directly from their simpler elements. Thus, contrary to popular opinion, the second law does not dictate the decrease of ordered structure by its predictions. It only demands a "spreading out" of energy when such ordered compounds are formed spontaneously."

http://www.2ndlaw.com/evolution.html

This quote pretty much sums up my understanding of the 2nd law of Thermodynamics.

To sum up my position,

1) evolution vs. creationism:

Evolution is what has occured, creationism is the way our early ancestors described it so the masses of uneducated people could understand.

2) god vs. God:

god is the moral highground, with the laws (commandments) that allow groups of people to live harmoniously. god also allows people to feel comfortable with their own mortality. god allows people to realize they are not alone, that they are connected to each other as brother and sister (common ancestry), and to treat them as such.

God is the method by which people are convinced of god.

Belief in God, as presented by religions requires faith. Faith does not need to be sold to others by using junk science or scare tactics.

Religion allows many to put a face to god. One that is human (made in his image), one that is almighty (holds your fate), and one that rules.

god is inside all of us, and how we as individuals perceive it, whether formally or informally, whether through science or faith, it will manifest itself in our dealings with others, and our legacy we leave.

Peace.

In closing, (I hope), I submit the following............

Again, the theory of evolution hinges entirely and completely upon the truth or falsehood of the "geologic column", that is, layers of rock from differing time periods of history that divide out "era's" for our study.

Fact..... Modern man (footprints, and even fossilized human female fingers, studied at major US Universities) have been discovered in Cretaceous rock (65 million years old, so evolutionists say)....in other words, the geologic column is bogus.

Fact..... Polystrate fossils (trees, ferns, animal remains, etc) have been found all over the earth. A Polystrate fossil is one that stands upright THROUGH laters of strata which are supposed to be separated by hundreds of thopusands or even millions of years, according to evolutionary theory. These fossils were formed within multiple layers of strata at the same time.....the strata, in other words, we re also formed at the same time. The geologic column is bogus.

Fact..... Purely symbiotic relatonships between animals, or plants and animals, could not have evolved.....the essence of the symbiosis cannot support evolution.....one or the other of the symbiotic species could not have survived without the other.....symbiosis cannot evolve.....it simply must BE.

Just these 3 little points have so frustrated evolutionists that there is an exodus in progress among many of the greats of the theory.

Point........ Belief in evolution requires Faith.......Faith in a hyper-compressed basketball sized mass of matter, that experienced a big bang and evolved into all that we now see and behold. You cannot observe the big bang....therefore, it is not science....it is conjecture, or theory. God's Creation, on the other hand, can be observed in all things around us..... the harmony, the symbiosis, the mechanical physical perfection, and the intricate nature and intelligent design of the universe and all that we see. Modern science (not junk science) supports intelligent design. It does not support the geologic column upon which evolutionists stake their very existence, and their future. (Indeed, an atheist HAS no future).

God is in all of us? Let me reiterate from previous inference...... God is IN only those who by Faith, come to believe in His one and only begotten Son.........He is IN those who have received His Holy Spirit through spiritual rebirth, wich again, comes by Faith. The problem with mankind is that FALSE god's have taken the place of the Creator and Savior, and thus they fashion their own moral paradigm upon the "face" of their god, whom they have created in their own image.

I'm gonna go enjoy my Mopar, and have some good fellowship with God Fearing friends.........To all of you who agree with the basis of what I've stated relative to Christ, I'll see ya' on the other side.

Peace........... From the Prince Himself.

Doc :prayer: (Thanks be to Him)

Not when they are cobbled together out of context leading to contrived conclusions. But that is a typical creationist persuasion tactic.

-
Back