A little bit of day dreaming...

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
So, there is a 69 Dart 4 door with a slant six for sale locally that I have my eye on ( I just need to get rid of the 2 cars I'm parting out now so my wife won't kill me when I get another one).

I've got my 69 Dart GT Convertible (currently just sitting apart in my garage) and my 01 Ram 1500, which doesn't get that good of gas mileage. I'm looking at this 69 4 door for a couple of reasons. First, its got the slant six which will make the 60 mile roundtrip 4 days a week much more affordable. Second, I think it will be sweet to have two 69 Darts, one as a fuel efficient daily driver and the other a sweet fuel hog cruiser ( planning on a 450+ hp 340 in the convertible ). Third, being that it is a four door, it would make a perfect 'family car' (I'm 23, my wife and I are planning on starting having kids within the next 4 to 5 years).

So here is where I really start day dreaming...

I'd love to take a 3.5 l V6 out of a late model Charger and put it in the Dart. 250 horsepower, 22 mpg ( in a car thats 1000 + lbs heavier than the dart), and fuel injection. I'd want to add a/c, cruise, power locks, I'd upgrade the brakes and steering and so on.

Just thought I'd share with you all a little of what was running through my head :cheers:

Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll at least have the 4 door within the next couple of weeks...

Thanks guys!!!!:toothy10:

-
Back