A little Covid pond hockey eh...oh geez !

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
71368539-D865-4E69-8305-0C9C7B7FD181.jpeg
54179D6C-7485-4731-AF26-D8F8260A754B.jpeg
6C8C589D-0101-4227-BDC1-278366CBC3F2.jpeg

Blood no chicklets, it’s all good! Keep your stick down and your head up! It always takes us a few games to get back in the swing of not using boards. Love winter pond hockey

Thats the problem . I thought it was "Keep your stick up and your head on the ice "

Reminds me of when it use to get real cold in my area. We would ride dirtbikes across a pond. Stupid to have done it but here we are. That's looks like a good time right there....

JW

Reminds me of when it use to get real cold in my area. We would ride dirtbikes across a pond. Stupid to have done it but here we are. That's looks like a good time right there....

JW

Treleborgs !

JW
We got a small pond in our backyard
Every winter me and the boy ride his 4 wheeler on ther
It is a blast

But I wouldn't wanna take my bike out there..
Not without studs

Man, that looks fun! I've never been on a frozen lake before. I think I'd be pretty wary the first time for sure. Stupid question, but how do you know when a frozen lake has thick enough ice to walk (or skate) on?

4" will support a truck . 2-3" is good for a person to walk on...

This is cold country hillybilly science...lol

We are already drilling holes and ice fishing up here. 4 inches is good but kind of scary since this time of year it is totally clear and you can see right thru it. Won’t be long we will have traffic signs on the ice and trucks with fishing houses all over. I have never counted how many out door rinks we have here but likely twenty plus, virtually every park puts up a rink. The smart hockey player only hits the one with warming houses! Some of you on here know exactly what I am talking about as you have drove to the rink “predressed” with everything but your skates on! Unless of course you are a tripod and show up like a gladiator wearing every pad known to man! Hah!

So in reading my last post it dawned on me if you are not a actual hockey player it makes no sense. A warming house is a structure located beside the rink where you can strip and put on your hockey gear. Many “seasoned” hockey players, when playing non league type games simply don’t wear pads. We wear breezers and gloves with some shin pads and call it good. New players (tripods) look like gladiators and wear so many pads they look like a bumble bee. I would guess most on this thread have not worn “uppers” in years. Hope this helps explain the terminology! Best sport on planet earth!

I did wear most pads today .... no shoulder pads since there are no boards for me to collide with .. lol

Oh man was I sore today ! They shut the indoor rinks down 1 month ago and I am getting FAT !

-
Back