A little help....

-
Reaction score
Hey, I have been building my 72 scamp for last 3 years and I am down to drive train, engine, suspension and unfortunately a few bad things all happened at once. I broke my leg 2 weeks ago and caused some nerve damage to my ankle and foot (which also ruined my military career since nerve damage means no airborne status before my deployment and they are going to med board me out). I was in a huge rush to finish my car before a big car show/drag meet in Houston in November.

I was wondering if anybody knew of a shop in the Southern states that did good work on cars? I hate to do it since I was trying to do it all in house, but no way I can make it to that show and a few others I have planned in Dec when I can barely walk around the house.

Any help would be great, thanks a million.

I am actually in Alabama unfortunately, my whole family lives in TX.

Brother is in Houston.
Dad in Austin.
Grandparents in San Antonio.
Aunt in Dallas.

I am actually in Alabama unfortunately, my whole family lives in TX.

Brother is in Houston.
Dad in Austin.
Grandparents in San Antonio.
Aunt in Dallas.

My frinds shop is in the Bridge City area,but certain you could find some good ole boys willing to help out a vet in need of some MOPAR assistance:prayer:

Sadly, most treat me like **** because I don't know everything and still learning. But I am hoping to find a shop today, going to the only mopar shop today.

Many shops are not so great. My favorite muffler shop has all different people working htere now. Took my car up with a new set of mufflers to install, jerks didn't even want to lift the car up and look at it. Just went outside and bent down to take a peek--min $70 a side he goes.

They looked like jerks from the outside as I was parking my car. Why can't people be more cool ?

Thankfully I found me a guy, was at local Toyota shop ordering parts for my MK4, and was just talking about my scamp and the lead mechanic there and me got to talking and next thing I know, he is offering to help me with my car and now I have a top mechanic at toyota building it. Asked around to local shops and at a local Mopar meet and they all said that he was the best man for the job.

Incoming Scamp of doom. I can't wait, been a dream of mine for years to finish.

-
Back