A little help?

-
hood mounted turn signals, not markers. I hid the wiring in a fiberglass fabric sleeve and glued it to my hinge, exits back to firewall in the plastic conduit crap from autozoned. If you do run the wire through your head, make sure you pull it back and forth a couple dozen times to clean out the stuff!!! lol

hood mounted turn signals, not markers. I hid the wiring in a fiberglass fabric sleeve and glued it to my hinge, exits back to firewall in the plastic conduit crap from autozoned. If you do run the wire through your head, make sure you pull it back and forth a couple dozen times to clean out the stuff!!! lol
Brain floss...

I did that with my trunk lid, (snaked wires through it) because I put an LED strip just behind the latch mechanism so it's not visible.
Now not only does it light the trunk really nice, but 4-5 feet all around the back and sides of the car but the light itself is hidden.

Hey Jason.
If yours indicators have the screw that goes in from the top they are just sheet metal screws with a tapered seat and slight oval head.
I can get you the measurements off my car in a bit here.
There is going to be two holes for each light. (one for the screw and one for the wire)

The other type (like the Wife's 72 Swinger) have one hole in the fender and a nut that goes on from the underside of the fender.

Ok, the type that has the screw in the top holding it to the fender.
6-5/16 back from the front of the fender metal itself.
2-7/16 from the center of the ridge on the outer edge of the fender.

That's where the screw holes are, so the wire hole you can figure out from there.

I would suggest to get a chrome or stainless screw that fits the indicator nicely first, then drill your hole for that screw.
The important part of those screws is the head and how it fits the indicator itself.
What thread type is not as important.
Also note that they get their ground through the fender metal, so you may have to scrape a bit of paint off where the copper contacts on the bottom of the fixtures meet the fender.
Any chance you can get me a measurement from the inside of the fender? The outside of the fender is so round and it seems a little arbitrary. But no real big deal like I said as long as I get it somewhere. I pulled that measurement from the inside of the fender you know where the hood comes down and it seems a little bit more in the rounded area where it should be a little bit more out on the flat?

IMG_20181003_120911.jpg
?

And also to measure twice cut once you are saying that's the little hole that the screw goes in not the big huge half inch hole?

Okay I made a mark closer to the Hood about an inch and a half from the hood and what I can think could only be about 2 and 7/16 from the outer edge of the fender.

Someone needs to speak quick or I'm going with the one closest to the hood. Anyting I see and pictures on there and it looks a little closer to the hood?

Done and working...
View attachment 1715230864 View attachment 1715230865 thank you for everyone's help!

I just now saw this post, I centered mine in the fender, and put them even w/ my hood pins , which are close to the old hood adjuster (bumper) holes. Removeable fiberglass hood dictates non hood mounted like the stockers were on a 68 barracuda.
Did I say , I LOVEM ?

F it you slowpokes I'm going to start drilling holes!

1.25 from the inside edge of the fender to the screw hole.:D

1.5 is close enough, and yes on those being the screw holes and not the bulb holder hole.

Like it matters now.:lol:

1.25 from the inside edge of the fender to the screw hole.:D

1.5 is close enough, and yes on those being the screw holes and not the bulb holder hole.

Like it matters now.:lol:
I can`t see it mattering a whole lot as long as ur happy w/ them. I `m not a purist on that kind of thing anyway.
Did I say I lovem ??

I can`t see it mattering a whole lot as long as ur happy w/ them. I `m not a purist on that kind of thing anyway.
Did I say I lovem ??

Yea, I almost told him they were 1.5 inches anyway after he already did it but, I figured that wasn't very fair.:D

They are just fine.

I'm totally happy with them and totally like where they're at. Not even in the slightest word they're not in the exact correct spot. And yes did I say I like them also! And yes I even left the ones inside connected I've got flasher is going everywhere!!
oh here's the real catcher LOL I took off and almost forgot to use them! My hands out the window like normal but what are you doing???!

Now back to small block starter thread. The battery is fine it's the starter:BangHead:

-
Back