a little info

-

aaadave

Reaction score
well, I'm installing an 01 5.2 mag from a ram pickup in my 72 dart. been told that a van power steering bracket would let you use the old battery tray. great tip. works perfect, but now cant get the van serp. belt to fit cause the ac pulley on the van is smaller than the truck. after studying the thing, I decided to take the tensioner off the bracket and drilled a new slot a 1/4'' clockwise from the old one. now it fits like a charm. may be another remedy out there, but it was all I could come up with. just thought I would share it with you all. dave.

If you don't mind, give us a rundown of your installation. I'm in the process of an 01 5.2 Ram into my 68 B'cuda. I'm currently working on fuel system and exhaust. Thanks

If you don't mind, give us a rundown of your installation. I'm in the process of an 01 5.2 Ram into my 68 B'cuda. I'm currently working on fuel system and exhaust. Thanks

I used a narrower battery with 825 Cold Cranking amps out of a Ford School bus(it's used as an auxiliary battery in the van) and cut down my battery tray and re-welded it. Everything fit perfect and it was easy. There were no 5.9 vans in my area at the time.

I am thinking of putting the battery in the trunk, so I can run a cold air inlet right through where the battery is to the front of the car, but it gets lots of airflow under the hood of this old car already.

Attachments

• IMG_3279 (Large).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 172
I've talked to "jbc426" and he has some really good ideas. I wish you would start a thread, also.

ya, I'm the worlds worst about getting pictures on the internet. didn't really need to start a thread because streetdak and badass71 pretty much covered it all. I would have cut my tray down if I had to, but had access to a van plus I already had a new battery. I'm out here right now shortening about a thousand wires on this harness lol. anything I can help with just holler. dave.

jbc426 I just noticed you have a one piece rad hose on yours. what did you use? dave.

-
Back