A little more progress on the Dart

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
Have been do some on it every week end and it sure is coming along. got the new fenders on it and the hood scoop is almost done. Just primed the fenders, hood and drivers door so I could take it out next week end for the cruz here in town. Plans are to work on it every week end and then at he end of next month it i will pull the engine and trans so I can do the engine compartment. Hope to have it ready to paint by Jan. We will see if that happens or not.

Aren't you glad to be this far,:cheers:
Thing's are looking good.
With every thing keeping you busy
it sure feels good to
spend time with it I bet.:-D

Looking Good :toothy7:

Better off than me I keep finding Bondo :angry7:

Aren't you glad to be this far,:cheers:
Thing's are looking good.
With every thing keeping you busy
it sure feels good to
spend time with it I bet.:-D

Yes I am glad I have gotten this far on it. It is the most I have done on it in 5 years. It always seemed to get put on the back burner. I decided that it was coming first over all. So most of my weekends are spent on it. I guess I could show a pic of what it looked like when I got it almost 13 years ago. It ddin't have the wheels on it when I first got it. And a pic of the first paint job I gave it 12 years ago.

Looking Good :toothy7:

Better off than me I keep finding Bondo :angry7:

I know what you mean. One of the fenders I came across bondo. I thought it was perfect like the other one. Plus I am coming across some I did 12 years ago that i forgot about.

I have had my Dart about that long as well but I never did any bodywork on it.

Just started the exploratory surgery in the last few weeks as I was replacing the floor pans. It seams the car was hit in the drivers door/rocker probably in the 70's judging buy the bondo/primer/filler rod used to fix the damage but I found a whole bunch more bondo on the drivers quarter yesterday. And I haven't even got the the passenger side yet.

Dude, cut yourself a break, that car is going to be awsome when it's done. **** I think it looks badass as it is. I love that scoop on the hood! Is this going to be a trailer queen or driven? Mine is driven and all the imperfections are just an extension of my own:):):) I'm not perfect so why should the car I drive be? I do have the option of telling everyone that I did EVERYTHING!!! Even the shitty body work, I'm kind of a mechanical type. Learning every day though. Sonn to tackle the quarters againg. Keep at it and keep posting your progress.

No, no trailer queen here. And thanks for the kind words. And I think i have to agree it does look bad a&& the way it is. I have been doing my own body and paint for a few years now, and yeah I'll own all the bad along with the good. I have learned alot over the years and have been learning alot more in the last couple of years.

Good work and I too like the scoop, it suits the Dart. I've got a soft spot for the '66 Darts and your brings back memories of my '66 Gt. I spent every spare minute working on that car for over two years. I finally finished it and a month later my ex got pissed at me over spilled Cherrios, drove off in it, nailed it at the end of the street and lost control and totalled it. That was my first hot rod 25 years ago.
Bob

-
Back