A.m.d glass poor fit?

-

couper 340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi i just was at the point on my 70 duster resto were i need to install new glass so i ordered the tinned glass kit from a.m.d.
I started to install my 1/4 glass window . I installed the left side and it was just like the old one as far as fit . Them i installed the right 1/4glass and it was about a 1/4'' shorter at the rear by the latch it just made the seal by 1/8''. So i looked it over and you can see that the glass was shorter . Then i had a resto glass shop that i have used before they been installing glass for 35 years put in the windshield and back glass . They told me the front windshield was very good but the back window was to small and could almost fall in but would stay in the car but do to this it has a big gap between the glass and molding because the rubber seal is not pushed up tight do to the glass being smaller.
Do not know if any one else has had trouble with a.m.d glass so i looked and found two other other people that had trouble with cuda rear glass. I am going to call a.m.d and see what they say. This was not what i expected as there body panels are very good. The glass kit was not cheap and i will have to live with it if they won't help . It's just puts a damper on the hole build .

-
Back