A new car for $2467.00

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
India`s Tata Motor Company is working on launching the cheapest new car next year, coming in at $2467.00. It`s a four door sedan sporting 600cc`s and 33hp. It will not meet European emission or safety standards. Remember the Yugo!

The Yugo was basically a Fiat and I wouldn't own either.

Do you know why Yugo's came with rear widow defrosters?...

To keep your hands warm while you pushed it.

Chuck

340mopar said:
The Yugo was basically a Fiat and I wouldn't own either.

Do you know why Yugo's came with rear widow defrosters?...

To keep your hands warm while you pushed it.

Chuck

if you know about the defrost does that not mean that you had one?? come on you can admit it to us :lol: :lol:

I helped push a friends once... yea thats it!

Actually I tried to buy one when they first came out but they didn't have any in stock and I wasn't going to wait for one, so I was close to owning one.

Chuck

So, you tried to get a Yugo, but they were all sold out? Who'da guessed it?

340mopar said:
I helped push as friends once... yea thats it!

Actually I tried to buy one when they first came out but they didn't have any in stock and I wasn't going to wait for one, so I was close to owning one.

Chuck

It was luck they were out because those cars are steaming piles. At that time I was a Buick guy so Mopars weren't in the picture. I thought Mopar guys back then were a bunch of "knuckle draggers", lol.

Chuck

well i can't remember the yugo for sale in canada but do have to agrea with the steaming pile thing. as for knuckle drager well i've been called wores, i'm glad that you finaly saw the light and joyed us

What's wrong with disposable cars? They're great! It's like Ikea furniture, cheap and disposable and it makes that antique dresser your grandmother gave you that much more special.

If the masses were all driving cool vintage cars, our cars wouldn't seem very special now would they?

Yeah this is good news for India and bad news for the rest of the world. India adds like 30-40 million people to its middle class each year.. and you can be many of them will be buying a brand new Tata's to replace their motorcycles or bicycles. That equates to a lot more oil being used, as a result demand will be pressuring already strained global oil supplies.

they are in the process of buying Jag and Land Rover from Ford

hold on, the world is spinning out of control

I had a friend in high school that collected Yugos. He thought they were the coolest car ever. He had about 7 cars and a crap load of parts in his parents backyard, none of them ran and he was a creepy weirdo!

India`s Tata Motor Company is working on launching the cheapest new car next year, coming in at $2467.00. It`s a four door sedan sporting 600cc`s and 33hp. It will not meet European emission or safety standards. Remember the Yugo!

So what your saying is for $5,000 I can have a pair of TaTa's?
eck02.gif

Here`s another 600 cc automobile from the 60`s and 70`s. Remember these little cars........ or the original mini Coopers? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USED...oryZ6260QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...oryZ6260QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At one time I was looking for a Honda 600 Coupe. Remember them? They looked kinda' like an itty-bitty Gremlin. I worked with a guy who drove with three other adults from Kansas to California & back in one. I asked him if it got a bit cowded & he said "Well, we took turns driving." :wack: Back in my Harley ridin' days I used to go to a big Harley swap meet that a club held in a pasture. It was kind of a combination swap meet/all night party. I thought it'd be neat to put a tow bar on the Honda & tow it to the swap meet behind my Harley. Then, after I had my campsite set up, I could drive around the swap meet in the Honda car. :supz: In the early 1990's the Honda dealer in Wichita, KS had a really nice one (if there is such a thing) with about 60,000 miles on it. They wanted about 3 times what it cost new.

Here's a couple of pics. Just for perspective, the wheels are 10" diameter. C'mon guys. You know you want one. You could always carry it around in your pocket to use in case of an emergency, like maybe you could use it as a wheel chock or something. :blob6:

:burnout:

Steve%27s_1971_Honda_600_Coupe.jpg

600ADD.jpg

A friend of mine (in the 70`s) had one of the Honda 600`s. He had the windshield washer nozzle adjusted so it would squirt sideways. That thing could shoot more than ten feet! He`d pull up slow next to ya` and shoot you right in the chest. Those were cool cars , I hadn`t seen one for over 20 years until the Fall Classic this last October.

I had one of those Honda 600s for about two years back around 1978-79 or so IIRC. Drove it all around, ran great, got 50 mpg! 4sp on the "dash" - shift linkage knob was actually mounted under the dash. Top speed of aruond 75-80mph. Great little car.

One day me, my cousin and two friends were in it, stopped at a traffic light on a fairly steep hill. I let out the clutch when the light turned green. The engine revved, but the car didn't move. Saw white smoke coming up the sides of the car. It was doing a front wheel burnout, due to the imbalanced weight distribution from the steep grade and loaded passenger compartment. yes, four people fit in there, no problem!

A friend of mine (in the 70`s) had one of the Honda 600`s. He had the windshield washer nozzle adjusted so it would squirt sideways. That thing could shoot more than ten feet! He`d pull up slow next to ya` and shoot you right in the chest. Those were cool cars , I hadn`t seen one for over 20 years until the Fall Classic this last October.

Ha-ha. That brings back memories of old. A buddy of mine had one and had me take it to HS auto mechanics to tune it up and we found out about the windshield washers being able to do that too. I think we squirted about half of the class before word got out.

It was a good car for him. Gave very little problems.

-
Back