-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cchrishefish

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have an idea similar to what I use on another site to buy things for my household. I use www.slickdeals.net to buy a lot of things for my family, and I think their method of buying could be used to buy car parts.

Comparison shopping is the new wave of buying these days. Lets say I found a set of reproduction sun visors for my 1964 Dodge Dart GT, which I did, for $89.99, then another car parts shopper responds and indicates another place selling them for $80.00, and so on. This is team shopping to help each other find the best deal on the new, reproduction or used parts. Also, we could share online checkout coupon codes to help with our purchases.

This is just an Idea, I am wondering if the more experienced members have any input, and or category in the forum where this should be posted?

Well here is my example: www.stockinteriors.com sells reproduction sunvisors for my 1964 Dodge Dart GT for $89.99, but checkout coupon RETURN09 gives me 5% off in the shopping basket, but I have to pay $12.95 shipping. The other thing I like about this deal is the large selection of colors, and I do not pay any tax. So my discount would be $4.50 off with a coupon code that only I knew about. Therefore my total plus shipping would be $98.40 shipped. Another member of ForAbodiesonly could say, well I have their sun visors and they are not of good quality, ETC. Or, a vendor could reply with a better price for this item, a coupon code, or free shipping.

Sounds like a good way to piss some people off who don't want their prices compared.

That is why I was asking, however, I thought maybe it would increase sales, like it does on the slickdeals.net site. I always hear that vendors are having a hard time selling in this economy, just a thought.

Personally, i think it's a wonderful idea, as long as your not breaking any of there rules,

comparison shopping ( i think ) is healthy for everyone, especially if you buy in quantity,

Bulk shoppers will almost always get the best Deal !

I an not asking a vendor to lose their shirt just a good deal, maybe 10-20% off. It does make people buy stuff faster than usual.

I think the problem to it all is Walmart for example. When you buy online and can not look at the part, and your buying according to price. You are more than likely buying a lower quality product. This is how we are enriching China and Taiwan's economy and not our own. That is where the Walmart example comes in. If it was buy American only, it would be great.

Well, understood, and I am also aware that the American new cars have a majority of foreign parts today. So, can you really say you are buying an American car when you buy a new one today?

small or large bolt pattern disc brake conversion kit. I am considering doing a brake conversion on my 64 Dart GT, but I like my tires and rims, and want to maintain the small pattern. Is this a good deal for $799.00? If I stick with the small bolt pattern, will I be able to find a 8 3/4 rearend with a small bolt pattern? Here is the link:

http://www.dodgeplymouthbrakeparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=802

That is the main reason I do not shop at Walmart (just me). Who is not looking for a deal these days. You would just have to do your research on the product, that the company is selling, for yourself unless people post there dealings or quality feedback with them to let you know. Just my thought.

small or large bolt pattern disc brake conversion kit. I am considering doing a brake conversion on my 64 Dart GT, but I like my tires and rims, and want to maintain the small pattern. Is this a good deal for $799.00? If I stick with the small bolt pattern, will I be able to find a 8 3/4 rearend with a small bolt pattern? Here is the link:

http://www.dodgeplymouthbrakeparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=802
I understand that everyone is trying to find a (deal) and maybe you could get some of the vendors on board.I have 3 a body 8 3/4 small bolt rears,but even if you want to buy all three,they are worth the same amount and I'm not going to drop the price drastically.Most of these deals that you can get are for cheap imitations,if that doesn't matter to you,then go for it and good luck

And, locally here in the Syracuse, NY area, I have seen a 8 3/4 advertised for $150.00, we do have a cheap economy here.

I understand that sometimes $200.00 more for a brake kit may be worth it for quality. But, do the other makers offer a choice in wheel bolt patterns like the one that I found?

I just found this search engine that seems to find parts for my car rather quickly. Here is the link:

www.thefind.com

Try it and see if you like it, feedback appreciated!

I think its a great idea. Being competitive is what free enterprise is all about. Somebody wants to be an asshole and not match a cheaper price, they can lose a sale. Simple as that.

Just one word of advice when buying from a parts vendor. Do a google search for online coupons. I just did a purchase at Dales Cuda Shop and found a 15% off coupon by searching coupons for Dales Cuda Shop on google.com. Type ebodies for the coupon code at checkout. It almost paid for my shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back