A new restoration begins in Virginia

-

68cudavert

68cudavert
Reaction score
So after a 3 year storage and over 2000 miles of transport (PA to New Orleans to VA) The restoration begins on my 1968 Barracuda Convertible.

Starting with the 318.

I know everyone wants pictures. Here they are Please note that these pictures are more for documentation than show so that is why they are all so close up and restricted to the engine compartment so far.

I'll let you know how it goes. First question. 318 attached to an unknown automatic. Pull them together or pull them separately?

The trans is most likely a A904... If you do a search on the site you can get some pointers that will help you identify it. Also how you plan to pull it will help dictate if they go out together or separate.

If you go out the top I say separate them. Go out the bottom with the trans first (I pull the flexplate bolts on the torque converter before I unbolt the bellhousing/trans from the 318 itself, turn the motor with a socket on the crank to get 'em all)

If you go out the Bottom(search the site for advise and pics..) you can leave them together, just unbolt the trans crossmember, and all the K-member stuff. Separate the front suspension at the upper balljoint, or UCA.

Good luck

JOE

Yeah I'm probably going out the top with the engine as I don't have the lift ability to raise the body over the engine and transmission.

Actually you can go out the top with both. Raise the rear of the car as high as you can, this changes the angle and makes it easier to pull them together. I just did it yesterday with a 273/904 in a 67 cuda vert. I didn't even pull the hood and didn't scrape on the body or hood.

-
Back