A Painting of my Duster!

-

bthieson

Reaction score
I just posted this over on Slantsix.org, but I had to share the love around for how awesome this is!

I just had my 30th birthday on the weekend. My wife has been planning a big party for me for a really long time, along with a few other surprises. This here is the BIG surprise!!
imag0493e.jpg

I was floored! I guess my Dad came and stole the car for a day, took it out into the country and had our photographer friend snap a million shots. She then culled it down to 5 choices for my wife, and the final choice was this one. Then she began the long arduous work of painting this piece of sheer awesome! She did a fantastic job, and now our entire basements focal point is my car! I call her Goldmember.

*EDIT* I've spoken to the artist, and she is more than willing to do more paintings for others. If it's something you would be interested in, let me know and I can pass on her information.

Awesome painting and awesome talented wife to do that for you. Happy belated birthday!

Thanks a lot! I wish I had a better picture of the painting straight on. She did a fantastic job! It's actually a friend of the family that did the painting. She is incredibly talented! She put in so much detail! I have a flaw in the body line on the rear quarter there, and she made sure to include it in the painting. Not to mention the Duster and Plymouth logos, and the "Radial T/A" on the tires!

It's so good I myself can't tell the picture of the car from the painting!

The actual picture looks like a painting. I can't find the rumored-quarter-panel-body-line-flaw...

Thanks! I've been trying to convince the artist to get into car paintings, as I'm sure a lot of car guys would love an original of their car! It's looking like she's probably going to do it!

I think the flaw is right at the back of the wheel well on the line in the middle of the fender. Am I right? Very good picture, incredible painting!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::wav:

Very nice painting.. Love the colors, and that the car is sort of buried behind the grasses.

Grant

-
Back