Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossanova5

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello All,
I'm looking for (Preferably new) a set of 894-895 to 1.03 Torsion bars for a 65 Valiant Convertible.
Thanks

Last edited:
What do you suggest?
Currently It has the 623/624 (880/889) .83 stock bars installed.
Would the 892/893 .87 bars be a better choice?
Thanks

What do you suggest?
Currently It has the 623/624 (880/889) .83 stock bars installed.
Would the 892/893 .87 bars be a better choice?
Thanks
anything over 340 (870 bars) you're going to want good shocks.
anything .990 and up you're going to want really good shocks.

t-bar size selection is based on a bunch of parameters but it basically comes down to: how you want your car to handle, what level of harshness in ride you find acceptable, and how much you're willing to spend (bigger bars are more $$ and require more $$ shocks to tame them).

snapping giant bars in a car isn't going to magically make it handle like it's on rails.

I'm putting new KYB gas adjust shocks on as well. Will be adding an Adco front sway bar kit too.
Not looking for it to handle on rails, just want the mushiness and sway out of the car.
Thanks

Kindof depends on your definition of mushiness.
I would start by inspecting the Unibody. and especially the aprons to frame and firewall welds. and don't forget the rockers. You may need some frame connectors.
And don't overlook the fact that she's a convertible, with a 55 year old body. the frame sections could be paper thin in key places. and rotten floorpans are not your friends.

Some to a lot of the sway, could be coming from your rear suspension. Such as; under-inflated tires, worn out bushings, over-length un-braced shackles, worn out springs, broken hangers, I mean there's a lot going on in the back. If it's moving around in the turns, it will tend to self-steer the car, which you might, I suppose, interpret as "mushiness."
Empty the trunk too. Getting the spare tire outta there should be job-1........ IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back