A Pillar Gauge Install On 97 Ram (GlowShift)

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
So i didn't take any pics "during" but when i take it apart to paint the pillar i can get pics of how i installed and ran everything if you guys are interested.

So Gen 2 Rams are notorious for inaccurate gauges, so bad that the stock temp gauge read 230 and the engine is at 180! So i have been wanting to add a vacuum gauge and trans temp so i got a three gauge pillar,gauges and wiring from http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/

So start off with the pillar, the piece fits good out of the box but with a little fitting was damn good. They include 4 screws that take a plastic cap, in reality you need 5 for a perfect fit. One thing that sucks is at the bottom of the last gauge there is 2 inches that is flat (parallel) with the stock a pillar so there isn't much room for wiring, i had to cut the a pillar more that i wanted (not that it really matters). For 33 bucks (half the cost of the autometer peice and 50 bucks cheaper than the banks piece) i am extremely happy.

The gauges, GlowShift Elite Black 7 color. The coolant temp was a must, but i have wanted to do a trans temp and vacuum gauge as well. I like that the two temp gauges go thru their full sweep before zeroing, the vacuum gauge is not electric motor driven which is a plus! The autometer i have in my swinger is so you dont get subtle changes in vacuum. These are 7 color so they change with a push of a button (on front), i like the white for now. Gauges seem dead accurate so happy there! Last these gauges are always lit (key on) but dim when you hit the headlights (if you run the wire).

I will get pics of wiring when i tear into it for paint. If you order these gauges be sure to get the extended harnesses, almost no extra wiring needed.

Wirin
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/

Attachments

• 100_6263.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_6264.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_6265.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_6266.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 77
I had a glowshift pod with their gauges in my Tiburon
never had a single complaint, the fit was great, and I really liked having a analog AFR gauge instead of the colored LED approach

on top of that they had the "opening show" where when you turn the ignition on all gauges top out before settling in on the proper reading, always looked cool

and when the ignition is off they went completely black, pretty sinister
and what really tickled me was that it was a perfect match for the stock gauges

(lousy pic, but I was hauling when I took it)

I had a glowshift pod with their gauges in my Tiburon
never had a single complaint, the fit was great, and I really liked having a analog AFR gauge instead of the colored LED approach

on top of that they had the "opening show" where when you turn the ignition on all gauges top out before settling in on the proper reading, always looked cool

and when the ignition is off they went completely black, pretty sinister
and what really tickled me was that it was a perfect match for the stock gauges

(lousy pic, but I was hauling when I took it)

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/diymirage/media/DSC00168-1.jpg.html

i thought about the tinted gauges (black when off) but didn't do anything for me. i like the full sweep to!

-
Back