A Question for the Experts....

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
I can't seem to keep the alternator/waterpump belt on my car, and I was thinking if this is also why my car felt flat going to 3rd gear. Temp got to 250 degrees at the end of each run as well. My battery also wasn't holding a charge as I trickle charge it all night, and checked it before I went to the races and it showed low(barely 12 volts. Could it be that the electric fuel pump,electric fan and MSD 6AL were suffering from low voltage as well as overheating? Sorry for the long winded question. Here was my last run:
60ft 1.451
1/8th [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]
As many have said, the MPH seems very slow for the ET.

Thanks Again,
Darren

I'm no racer by any means, but it almost sounds like you have a pulley misalignment problem to me.

Good luck!

Do what the lady says. Make sure you don't have a bent pulley as well.

Is the belt tight?

You have to really eyeball the belt alignment between the water pump and alt. In my experience, you can't use the single belt setup with the dual belt pulley. I converted my car from PS and AC to manual, no ac and I had to do some finagling with spacers and whatnot to get my alt in the right spot.

As far as the mph goes, are you sure you're staying in it all the way to the end of the track (second stripe?) . The first line is just the start of the mph trap.

Yes, I think you guys and gal are right. I have a dual pulley with a March single pulley setup. It's just ever so slightly off, and I too will have to do some finagling to get it right. Right now I'm pretty bummed about my right front fender. Some prick with a late model Camaro had his door resting against my fender in the staging lanes, I didn't see it and I pulled forward and his door pushed my fender in. I just can't get over it. He couldn't even come over and apologize. I wanted to hand his you know what to him, but was warned that I'd get kicked out of the track for good. I just can't get over it. I tried to get it out but it's still there. I'm really bummed now, and just don't care about the other stuff now.

what kind of damper u got if its aftrer market it changes a little march makes 1 that works

That sucks about your fender.
I had the same issue with the belt coming off on deceleration.
I had to move the alternator out away from the head with some shims. Never did take it back to the track. Puttering around town :burnout: , it still hasn't come off.

You need FULL POWER from you batt. Your alt. should not a problem, then you need to decide if not having an alt. is what you need. If your running an Alt you should not have a prohlem with voltage.
Battery should charge to 13.6 to 14 volts when fully charged. The problem should be addressed one at a time.
Sorry I can' add more.

This may not help you but when ever my belt came off I always try to replace it for some reason they just don't stay on anymore after they come off once. Also stand on the pass. Side and look down the belt you should be able to see if its out and about how much I had to add a few washers behind the top mount to get it where I wanted. Hope this helps mike

-
Back