A question from a newer member

-

grampyjay

Reaction score
I will only be able to attend one or two events this year, and I'd like to find out opinions on which one has the best swap meet etc. I'm way past drag racing, although I've loved nitro fumes for 45 years or so, but I'm most interested in finding bits for my little 66 Valiant, and looking at other cars. I've had my eye on Carlisle, but if there is another good one I'd like to hear about it. Any ideas?

Definitely go to Carlisle. You will be amazed. By far the best Mopar Show, and Swap meet ever. I will be on swap spots P205-P206 .

Definitely go to Carlisle. You will be amazed. By far the best Mopar Show, and Swap meet ever.

x2.

Nats are OK. There is a decent show and swap meet, not as good as Carlisle, but Nats has racing so thats a bonus. Being in PA, neither one is that far of a road trip for you.

x2.

Nats are OK. There is a decent show and swap meet, not as good as Carlisle, but Nats has racing so thats a bonus. Being in PA, neither one is that far of a road trip for you.

Yeah, the Mopar Nationals are about 20 miles East of Columbus, OH at national Trail raceway. Usually the second weekend in August. Swap meet, car show, and drag racing. Between that and Carlisle you should be good. Both will take more than one day if you spend a lot of time in the swap meet area. There also is a Mopar show in Ontario every year. That one is on my bucket list.

Definitely go to Carlisle. You will be amazed. By far the best Mopar Show, and Swap meet ever. I will be on swap spots P205-P206 .

X3! Carlisle has the best and biggest swap meets! If you don't find it at Carlisle,your not looking hard enough.
I myself found some upper belt molding clips for my Demon and those were not being reproduced back then and luckily I had one of those clips along with me and I showed someone it and informed me that he saw someone in the swap meet have them. Sure enough I found the vendor and found what I needed.

x4 for Carlisle. I sold there years ago. Did well. Bought a '67 Satellite ragtop there, 3rd owner, 85% original, one of 1050 made reasonably priced, good time. Been to the Nats twice, great time, parts way overpriced. Tip: If you plan on attending either event, book your room now, get your passes, now. The rooms fill up fast and they get behind on issueing passes. Also, try to go with friends or meet them there. Much more enjoyable. good luck, Tom

Thanks to all of you so far and all to come. Hope to see you all at Carlisle n July. My wife and I will be the ones in the little red Valiant convertible.

Yep! If you live in PA Carlisle is it! Without a doubt one of the biggest and best shows there is. In fact, it'll spoil you for the others!

-
Back