A Rare Craigslist Ad (He's Crazy)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
"CRACK" for the man with everything

there are people out here who think anything MoPAR is gold. I'm waiting for four door Omni/Horizons to start popping up at top $$$:rofl:

I'm the guy who posted this ad on craigslist. No matter what y'all say, IM NEVER SELLING IT. If someone came up to me and said "here's $10,000." They can keep it BECAUSE THE CAR MEANS TOO MUCH TO ME. "Mental illness?" "Retard?" Wow guys. I sure do love watching other mopar fans completely putting me and my car down. Maybe I should stop working on it and restoring it myself and just trash it. I'm 16 years old and I have PLENTY OF TIME TO DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT. All of my hopes and dreams for that car are ruined thanks to you guys. I'm never visiting this forum website again.

I'm the guy who posted this ad on craigslist. No matter what y'all say, IM NEVER SELLING IT. If someone came up to me and said "here's $10,000." They can keep it BECAUSE THE CAR MEANS TOO MUCH TO ME. "Mental illness?" "Retard?" Wow guys. I sure do love watching other mopar fans completely putting me and my car down. Maybe I should stop working on it and restoring it myself and just trash it. I'm 16 years old and I have PLENTY OF TIME TO DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT. All of my hopes and dreams for that car are ruined thanks to you guys. I'm never visiting this forum website again.

You can ask what you want for the car, I don't care, but represent it honestly.

100 left? How did you verify that? Considering there were literally millions of M- bodies built between '78 and '89 that's a spurious claim.

The last RWD until '04? The M-body was in production until '89. The Prowler and the Viper preceded the Charger.

The pics you posted hid a lot and didn't represent the car at all. Off angle, no close ups, far away pics is the stuff of a used car salesman trying to hide something.

I've been into M-bodies a long time. I suggest you go over to forfmjbodies.com and learn from guys who have a lot of experience with this platform before you start presuming things that aren't true.

Have fun with the restoration. But educate yourself first.

That guy is smokin' some real good chit! That's why he thinks that all Mopars are worth at least $10,000.

You can ask what you want for the car, I don't care, but represent it honestly.

100 left? How did you verify that? Considering there were literally millions of M- bodies built between '78 and '89 that's a spurious claim.

The last RWD until '04? The M-body was in production until '89. The Prowler and the Viper preceded the Charger.

The pics you posted hid a lot and didn't represent the car at all. Off angle, no close ups, far away pics is the stuff of a used car salesman trying to hide something.

I've been into M-bodies a long time. I suggest you go over to forfmjbodies.com and learn from guys who have a lot of experience with this platform before you start presuming things that aren't true.

Have fun with the restoration. But educate yourself first.
Okay so I was wrong. The last rwd car Plymouth made until 1997. And I know how to sell a car. I've sold 5 or 6 cars on Craigslist since I was 15. If I was serious, I would have pics showing all of the damage, the interior, etc

Okay so I was wrong. The last rwd car Plymouth made until 1997. And I know how to sell a car. I've sold 5 or 6 cars on Craigslist since I was 15. If I was serious, I would have pics showing all of the damage, the interior, etc
And no, there were "10,377" of these EXACT cars that were made in 1987. There may be more than 100 or even 1,000 left. So let's do the math, 30 years, 10,000 of these. It is theoretically impossible for there to be more than 5,000 left

listen man, it looks like we all got off on the wrong foot here, but i must say, i admire your willingness to come on here and engage us in discussion

i guess what has got me puzzled is why you posted it for sale in the first place?
you mention if someone comes up to you with 10K (your asking price) you wouldnt sell it to them
then you also mention you have sold several cars on the list before and know how to sell one, but that doesnt show in the add you posted

not busting your chops here, but it does make me wonder why you listed it in the first place?

You were wrong about a lot, not just one thing.

Where did you get the number of 100 still left? Like I said, I've been into M-bodies for a long time and as far as I know there isn't any verifiable information as to how many might be left.

And here's the truth: if you didn't think the car would sell, then why take the time to present it in the manner you did? You were hoping a sucker would come along, hear the word "Mopar" and drop the coin.

As far as the rest, welcome to the world. If you're wrong, rather through error, lack of information, or outright lying (which is what you've done with the claim of 100 left) you're gonna get called out on it.

Too bad if you don't like it. The next time be more honest and actually learn something.

I'm more than willing to teach someone who wants to know about these cars. I've done a lot of it. But starting off in the hobby with no knowledge of what you own and then trying to bullshit people about what it is? No.

Dear Sir;
I am an Egyptian Prince from the Eastern Province. I saw your ad and would like to make an offer in the sum of 20,000 USD for keeping this fine vehicle in such magnificent condition.
In order to claim your funds, please mail a check in the amount of 2,000 USD to the following account to cover property customs and inspection fees.
Truly yours,
Mohammed

I think its great the dude from the Craigslist ad showed up to talk some chit. Hey man, that Gran Fury would make one hell of a Tubbed out drag car IMO. Is that the same body as a Dodge Diplomat? The police used to drive those back when I was a hellion...

P.S. he did say that he isn't coming in this forum "ever again" or something to that effect...hopes and dreams ruined, I hope you are all very proud of yourselves ...:lol:

Last edited:
Cool I feel pretty proud he liked my post. He singled me out. Good luck on your Fury. ITS ALL FUN AND GAMES TIL SOMEONE GETS THEIR EYE POKED OUT........THEN ITS JUST FUN.

Last edited:
Yeah, his hopes and dreams were expecting someone to drop a ten grand on a misrepresented car. Even the die hard M-body guys would give a grand tops for this.

I haven't checked over on FMJ's too see if anyone is talking about it over there. He thinks we're roasting him, I guarantee you they would be, as they all know exactly what the car is.

Now it's on a google search and he's famous. There go his dreams of finding a sucker.

I appreciate the undercover detective work that THEDARTSPORT and LocuMob did that lead to us all destroying the dreams of a 16 year old. Sooooo On to another one. Get searching

Wish he would have become a gold card member before he left. Hopefully he will get an Abody later on in life and he can come here for car advice and not craigslist selling ethics. Which I think he learned.

Wish he would have become a gold card member before he left. Hopefully he will get an Abody later on in life and he can come here for car advice and not craigslist selling ethics. Which I think he learned.
Yep, he's gettin educated. A 16 year old who knows everything.......hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back