A really good day

-

plymouth1937

Reaction score
The angrey litle 318 is back in the old 37,after some dizzy mods it started right up and tomorrow il brake in the cam,pickt up a mp dizzy via an ad but the seller wasnt shore if it was for a bb or la to bad its for a rb but I turned all the crap inside the right way,rb rund back wards,and it works perfect 15° in 35°full,had to make a spacer under the dizzy house,the saft is a tad longer on the rb happy happy old fart

20220520_094907.jpg

Oh that is cool looking. Can we get some pics of the entire car?

Looks cool.

might not be the best thing to start the motor without doing the brake-in of cam. It you got it started and let it idle for any length of time you might get a shorter than expected lift of the cam / lifters…

Looks cool.

might not be the best thing to start the motor without doing the brake-in of cam. It you got it started and let it idle for any length of time you might get a shorter than expected lift of the cam / lifters…
it was running for 4min had to shut it of sens the dizzy was off,I did brake in the cam today and all vent well,I have stainless block huggers on it and thay went prutty red so I backt off the timing 4°,newer used these type before,im a hooker man,but its realy tight in engine bay,so I wonder if thats normal,ok il send some pics

That car looks awesome. Nice job. If the headers are glowing red while breaking it in the timing is way to retarded. You need to advance it not pull more out. The heat in the exhaust is from the late timing.

That car looks awesome. Nice job. If the headers are glowing red while breaking it in the timing is way to retarded. You need to advance it not pull more out. The heat in the exhaust is from the late timing.
Yes thats what iv learnd to but I started at 36,the problem is that I have to take of the alternator to set the timing due to lack of space,think il start ower to get it right,now when I think about it,broke in the cam at 2500rpm but had to go past 3000 to get full timing,gona replace the strongerst spring whid a softer one in the dizzy

-
Back