A Road Trip To The Gilmore Car Museum

-

valiantwagonguy

Reaction score
This time last year I bought this little 55cc 1965 Yamaha.I had bought one new the day I got my license when I was 16 53 years ago. Well,I'm a biker as well as a MOPAR nut but mostly a biker.I wanted my first bike just to have so I found one out in the mid west.I had to meet the guy at the Gilmore Car Museum to retrieve it with my 1976 Dodge Aspen.I hung it on the rear bumper for the 900 mile ride home.Anyway,the museum is an incredible place so click the link to this drop box folder and check it out.
Dropbox - Gilmore Car Musuem
It was a fun 2000 mile road trip in my old Aspen and the ride home with this little gem hanging on the rear bumper was filled with waves and thumbs up from people. I highly recommend visiting this place.They even have a Chrysler Turbine Car !

It's in there hanging on the rear bumper of my green 76 Aspen. It is a 1965 Yamaha YJ1 55 cc single cylinder 2 stroke. One of many I own. The smallest The largest is a 1988 BMW 4 cylinder water cooled fuel injected 1000 cc K100 Moto Guzzi,Yamahas, BMW's I ride 'em and restore 'em .My 75 Moto Guzzi on a 3 month road trip back in 2010 in the photo.

IMG_5404a.jpg

-
Back