A tough car to restore

-
Pretty sure AMD probably makes the whole car in pieces like they do the EBodys and Camaro's , so the donor car probably just needs to provide trim and small parts more than anything else , question if your car has a different accident on each panel over many years and you replace each panel as the accidents happen is it considered a re-body ?

There is nothing to restore and a rebody will never be an original Daytona.

Let it R.I.Pieces

I guess if ya got a pink slip and the vin tag ...... but come on doing this would be like the 100 year old axe that had the head changed twice and the handle 5 times. .... is it the same axe??? Useing 1 square inch of it don't make it that daytona. And puting the vin and a wing on a repoped 69 shell sure as hell don't. That daytona is gone And not even GYC can bring her back. .... at least there was enuff cuda left on GYC to be most of the same cuda. leave the wing cars alone .... all clones should be striped. O and BTW .. I feel the same way about the LO23. ....

I would like to see how they pull off the rear window plug ......you have to kill a charger 500 or another Daytona for one of those. Any car that you could cut it off of would probably be in better shape than this anyway.

Nope, companies make the plugs.... And Vega rear hatchback's are being used

will probably use a rear hatch from a vega

Yup, very common and easy swap, only the wing car guru's know the difference....my buddy used one in his "Daytona Clone" and looks perfect.....he is starting to buy up those rear hatches cause they are far cheaper than repop stuff and also come with the trim and glass so it's easy to do .

They're going to just build a car and stick the numbers on it. To me, that's not the same car, nor is it a restoration. A resurrection, maybe.

all they can do is build , swap or replace around the vin. that car will only represent what it once was. it can not be "restored". there are maybe 3 shreds of metal than can be saved. if they use 3 pieces of metal from 3 different cars it is no longer a "re-body" lol. they might as well pull the vin tag off and stick it on a 69 charger, and hang the sCrapnel in the garage on a wall.

FOUND!
Another one of the Dodge Daytona Wing Cars has been found under the bed of a brothel in Salt Lake City.
No one is quite sure how it got there.
But Mopar experts from around the country have verified it and after a complete concourse restoration it is sure to be featured in the “official” publications..
Noted authority Gail Gopher has inspected the car and suggested the use of only NOS parts. "I can absolutely assure all that this car is the real thing" he said.
The restoration is scheduled to begin as soon as a suitable doner car is located.
Also there is talk of launching a new website:
“forDodgeChargerDaytonaownersonly.com” which is expected to have as many as 92 registered users.

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 240
FOUND!
Another one of the Dodge Daytona Wing Cars has been found under the bed of a brothel in Salt Lake City.
No one is quite sure how it got there.
But Mopar experts from around the country have verified it and after a complete concourse restoration it is sure to be featured in the “official” publications..
Noted authority Gail Gopher has inspected the car and suggested the use of only NOS parts. "I can absolutely assure all that this car is the real thing" he said.
The restoration is scheduled to begin as soon as a suitable doner car is located.
Also there is talk of launching a new website:
“forDodgeChargerDaytonaownersonly.com” which is expected to have as many as 92 registered users.

hahahaha ! I can almost read it now ! GG has authenticated its original vin tag !

As long as the VIN tags exist, anything is possible. Happens with valuable cars all the time. Look how many old Ferrari and many other old race cars were crashed and burned beyond recognition, rolled into balls, or whatever. As long as the VIN tag existed the car can be re-built as good as new, even if the only original part is the VIN tag.

Very true, a friend at work just finished a Lotus 7, it had been wrecked, and rolled in a race sometime in the 60's.
He and his retired neighbor rebuilt most of the frame and about 95% of the aluminum body.
Took him about 5 years in his home garage, but just yesterday he said it took it for a drive.
He said the only reason he fixed it is because it had all the original vin tags, and title, he also went as far as to have the lotus factory verify before he bought the project.

I would not touch that Daytona, even if I could put it together and finished it.
The original owner or their heir happens to have the title you could lose it in a court case.
My buddy lost a antique bike one time that he restored from a basket case flee market buy.

If it were me I'd build a clone with the same options as the original to commemorate this car.At shows I would set up the original in it's current state and park the clone next to it.But it's not me and if someone has the cash and the want to,I suppose it will be rebuilt.

Here ya go.I've been wanting to clone a 500 so I've been looking things up for a while.
http://www.wingcarfab.com/daytona_parts.html

I would like to see how they pull off the rear window plug ......you have to kill a charger 500 or another Daytona for one of those. Any car that you could cut it off of would probably be in better shape than this anyway.
They re-pop them now

-
Back