A truck for the dog

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I`ve been looking for a truck that would be more suited for my aged dog, something he could ride in and that was easy to get in and out of. I like to take him places with me but at 15 he`s getting too old to jump up in the car or ride in the back seat of my Dakota without falling. I found this `89 Isuzu Trooper 4wd with only 51,000 miles on it. It`s in great shape, the guy was asking 2K and I offered him $1500.00. He accepted the cash and since I`ve bought it I`ve put almost 1000 miles on this thing in the last 3.5 weeks. It`s like riding around in an aquarium, all square and surrounded by glass, but visibility is awesome. It`s grossly under powered with a 4 cylinder but gets about 18-20 mpg around town and around 26/27 on the highway. I`ve removed the rear seat and built a little ramp the dog can easily climb up in the back. He loves it, my girlfriend loves it, it`s working out great!! We call it the dog`s truck,lol!

IM000889 (Small).JPG

Longgone!! Grate job getting a grate deal on the doggy ride,What kind of dog do you have ?. Pic. at 15 year's old Im glad he has some one that take's good care of him. :headbang:

Dexter look's good and happy for his age. :headbang:
Longgone You have a grate day and tell Dexter HAY!!!

Longgone said:
A Dalmatian named Dexter, he`s been a loyal companion through thick and thin. That`s what makes dogs so cool!

awesome we have a 16-17 year old dalmation lab mix been a good dog but he is getting deaf and bling in his old age :(

My dog is 12 years old now, we take him almost everywhere, he likes to go to our Ram Van , stepboard helps him to get in...

Kapumatkalla.jpg

And he like my Wagon also:

kapuetupenkki.jpg

Dogs ROCK!!!.............They are simply marvelous creatures, and you can put antlers on them, and they don`t care! Lol!

Here is my L'il Girl Dakota.....she goes everywhere with me too:

DakotaPool2.jpg

DakotaPondJump1x.jpg

Dakota7.jpg

Just kidding with my earlier post! Here's the new pooch. She's 8 mo. old. My girlfriend and I saved her from the pound. She's smart too. Managed to open the lock on the crate with her paws. I got home and the house was wrecked! My gf about had a heart attack and I was ROFLMAO! Now, if I can just teach her to get the right socket when need it!

PB230445.JPG

-
Back