[IMPORTANT] A word about Scammers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/conversations/1969-dart-grille.283186/#convMessage-1107040

I got took these sons of bitches! Dammit I did all I could to validate, even talked to a guy on the phone. These MFR's are going to great lengths for $200!

FYI never put your email address in a thread. Lesson learned :(
Got taken by this clown for $200.00 . Beware when send pay pal , family and friends.

IMG_20220226_112030374.jpg

Never use PayPal friends and family. There’s way too many people being taken by that.

I didn't read the sticky, yes my fault. But an email to all members for this issue would be helpful to avoid future incidents.

there is a pop up that comes up when you place an ad. You have to agree to it. Im not sure what else I could do.

I've just always felt like this was a small community forum, so having another member vouch for someone is the green light. But that's obviously not the case. These people are infiltrating this car community and going to great lengths to get a couple hundred bucks.

I had someone named conex or something similar send me a PM in response to an ad for bolts last week. They sent an email saying I should contact someone who has the bolts. I ignored the message, thx

I had someone named conex or something similar send me a PM in response to an ad for bolts last week. They sent an email saying I should contact someone who has the bolts. I ignored the message, thx
Yup, thats the POS.

damn, sorry to hear that. Avid shopper/Hunter of buying across the states things likes this really ache. I've been had on other sites feel your pain.

I didn't read the sticky, yes my fault. But an email to all members for this issue would be helpful to avoid future incidents.

What good would an email do if people don't read it? That's basically the same thing as the disclaimer alert you agreed to before you posted the ad.

Thanks for the heads up though. It's good to know who the deadbeat sellers/buyers and scammers are. That's how I form my 'ignore' list.

An email let people like me who don't go on FABO often to be aware that there is a high alert. If you knew the lengths this scammer went to, you'd **** your pants. He had pics of a nice 69 grille and bezels, then bargained with me to boot. I spoke to him on the phone, got his address, before I sent $200 through Venmo. Plus, the COWENOX user painted a story where he already bought a street carb from Harris Dunn (Harristech) last year and to send him an email as he had a nice 69 grille. I'M LETTING EVERONE ELSE KNOW DON'T DO WHAT I DID!

Be careful of new members too. I’m not saying somebody with a high post count or somebody that’s been here for a while will be honest, mostly it’s the new members scamming.

An email does nothing, sorry but there was a warning that could have been heeded a little more closely.
If I'm not sure about someone, I ask them to take a pic of the part with a piece of paper and something specific written on it. Or send me a pic of DL with name and address showing.
Sorry you got scammed.
Thanks for heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back