A year later....

-

MyD750

'71 Duster 340 TX9
Reaction score
A year ago today my 71 Duster 340 (matching numbers) arrived. Since then a lot has happened, and seemingly not a lot. Perhaps the biggest event was getting a garage/workshop, and moving from the residential garage. More has happened since that. Here's the arrival picture, the link is to photos today. Thanks to all who have encouraged, provided items, insight etc. This is a great community. Two big influences and helps have been Adam Hamby (Hoosier Garage) and Danny Solis (Hill Country Performance and Machinery). You can find both of them on YT, Insta etc.

BTW, lots of WTF and similar things expressed, but no regrets. The plan is still to take her back to TX9 Black, with the unusual ordered items, like Black stripes/call outs. I'm considering keeping the sunroof just because of the spirit of the 70s/80s when it was installed, and seeing what I can do with the Kraco KMart special stereo.

This link takes you to a Nikon site which houses my photos. NIKON IMAGE SPACE

Delivery Day.jpg

Not for the faint of heart. Are you doing all of the work yourself, or do you have plans to farm some out. Take small bites......Don't look at the big picture or it will get overwhelming. Been there!

No, not for the faint of heart. I'm doing a lot myself. I have farmed out the machine work for the motor. I'm having Woodruff reman the TQ, and I'm up in the air on quarter panels and final paint. Interior will also be farmed out, unless I want to use sheets and towels. I look at this as the same as eating an elephant. One bite at a time. Funny, now that so much is off/out, I'm looking more of it in stages towards completion, starting with the front end, working back, and then inside. Those 'chunks' give me better goal marker.

No, not for the faint of heart. I'm doing a lot myself. I have farmed out the machine work for the motor. I'm having Woodruff reman the TQ, and I'm up in the air on quarter panels and final paint. Interior will also be farmed out, unless I want to use sheets and towels. I look at this as the same as eating an elephant. One bite at a time. Funny, now that so much is off/out, I'm looking more of it in stages towards completion, starting with the front end, working back, and then inside. Those 'chunks' give me better goal marker.
I'm just finishing up after 6 years. Hopefully I'll get it assembled in 2024.......Fingers crossed.

-
Back