[WANTED] A500 42RH transmission in Arizona

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
My intent is to use it behind a 5.9 Magnum in a 1941 Plymouth. If I get a used one, I will get it rebuilt for my specification/need. As for the lock up or non lock up, I want to have the option of overriding the hydraulic setup via toggle buttons for the lock up and for the overdrive.

The car is going to be a street driven, so my goal is to make it both strong enough for use behind the 5.9 and handle spirited driving if it ever occurs.

My intent is to use it behind a 5.9 Magnum in a 1941 Plymouth. If I get a used one, I will get it rebuilt for my specification/need. As for the lock up or non lock up, I want to have the option of overriding the hydraulic setup via toggle buttons for the lock up and for the overdrive.

The car is going to be a street driven, so my goal is to make it both strong enough for use behind the 5.9 and handle spirited driving if it ever occurs.
I pulled my 42RH out of a 5.9 Dakota at the Pick a Part up here in Prescott area.
It was $125 for the trans, converter and 7290 drive shaft yoke.

I think you might change your mind on the toggle switches as its pretty easy to make an automatic shifting system for OD and lockup.

I haven't had much luck in the yards out here, I guess I will make a trip up north. Thanks for the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back