A500 Kickdown Band Issue

-

JoJo

Reaction score
I'm in the process of rebuilding my A500. I'm having issues with the kickdown band fitting properly around the drum. I normally get parts from WIT, but I ordered the band from O'Reilly's(Part # 767021). The band seems to be smaller. The adjusting screw will not sit in the grove of the band. Has anyone else experienced this issue before? I plan on ordering another band from WIT in the morning, but I wanted to hear other opinions before I have the same issue again after the order.

They fit no problem normally, so I would have to say they gave you a wrong part or you have something whacked out about the struts.
The drums don't swell either. :D
Are you putting it together like this?

dodgeband_struts.png

I was getting to the swollen drum part next. Lol! The band doesn't come all the way around the drum like the one pictured. There's a huge gap between the ends of the band. I've never had the issue before. Like you said, they usually fit with no hassle.

Wittrans lists several different bands depending on what year the trans is and the width of the factory band. I know Chrysler increased the rear drum size in later years. Maybe they also increased the front drum? Not sure but a thought since you say the band doesn't go all the way around the drum like in the pic

-
Back