A727 Tranny

-

zitro360

Reaction score
My tansmission has a 3 prong plug that the wires broke off. Would that keep my car from starting. Any ideas?

I'm not sure about that, but I wouldn't recommend bypassing it. It also prevents the car from starting while it's in gear. The outcome of which could be disastrous as you can imagine!
You should be able to re-splice the wires onto the plug, I've done that before. Or you can get another harness with the plug still attached.

Will Do! You are right. I wanted to by-pass because it won't start just to move up a few feet. Thanks

Why don't you fix it right instead of taking a chance on killing someone because of a SAFETY switch being bypassed??? Like DRP2671 said it's an easy fix.

Why don't you fix it right instead of taking a chance on killing someone because of a SAFETY switch being bypassed??? Like DRP2671 said it's an easy fix.

Agreed! You may say something will never happen, but believe me, I have the horshoed hoods to prove things do indeed happen.:angel9:

Will Do! You are right. I wanted to by-pass because it won't start just to move up a few feet. Thanks

That's understandable. I've had to do things temporarily. If you just need to start it to move it you can put a jumper on the starter relay that's close to the battery. As your looking at the relay I believe it's the lower left terminal that goes to the switch. I keep a few jumper wires with alligator clips just for reasons like this. Just clip one end on the terminal and the other end to ground and start it, move it, then take the jumper off.

-
Back