a727 transmission question..

-

grassy

Reaction score
I have thoroughly have confused myself..been reading too much..

I have an a727 w/torque and flexplate. it will be attached to a slightly modded 360.

What do I need ?

I need a front lower dust / inspection cover

761052663_58RkG-X2.jpg

Do I need a Flexplate safety shield ?

761056569_AgYSU-X2.jpg

Is there anything else that I need other than bolts..are there any special type for these ?

Grassy

I have thoroughly have confused myself..been reading too much..

I have an a727 w/torque and flexplate. it will be attached to a slightly modded 360.

What do I need ?

I need a front lower dust / inspection cover

761052663_58RkG-X2.jpg

Do I need a Flexplate safety shield ?

761056569_AgYSU-X2.jpg

Is there anything else that I need other than bolts..are there any special type for these ?

Grassy

Main consideration is using the right converter/ flexplate set up. If your 360 is externally balanced which it will be unless you had it internally balance, you heed to run the converter with the balance weights on it or if you converter doesn't have the weights you'll need to run a B & M special flex plate to is balanced for the neutral balance converter. The dust shield is nice to run but not manditory. The flex plate safty shield? not really on a street car.

Ok. I have a flex plate with weights..

If I don't use the other, how will I hook up the starter ?? Sorry, feel really stoopid asking that..I haven't seen either for a bunch of time and my memory sucks.

I had thought that about the flex plate shield..I thought only drag cars would wear this..

Are there special bolts to hold the engine / trans together ?

Thanx
Grassy

you don't need the dust shield to install the starter. the flex plate shield may not fit when the motor and trans are in the hotrod. you'll have to measure to be sure there is enough room to the firewall. any grade bolt will do with length being the most important factor.

Ok. I have a flex plate with weights..

If I don't use the other, how will I hook up the starter ?? Sorry, feel really stoopid asking that..I haven't seen either for a bunch of time and my memory sucks.

I had thought that about the flex plate shield..I thought only drag cars would wear this..

Are there special bolts to hold the engine / trans together ?

Thanx
Grassy
If you have the weighed flex plate make sure you use a neutral balanced converter. As for the stater your converter has the ring gear on it. if you use the dust shield, you have to install it before the starter.

-
Back