A833 OD 340 4x4?

-
A 2wd 833 OD will do you little good unless you want to go out and find/ adapt a divorced transfer case "from out of something else." Years ago Advance Adapters did make a bearing adapter to convert some types of transfer cases into "divorced."

I don't see it. It's still 4 gears and if you have a 2 speed transfer and pick the proper final gears a conventional 4 speed would be fine.

or drum up one of the small Dakota 5 speeds used over the years, already set up to bolt to a SB / magnum and a Dakota transfer case. For the life of me I cannot remember, maybe a NV3500?

Thats a good option, but the idea was to use the stuff i have laying around. But yeah, that would be optimal. I'll look up for AAdapters to see if they still do. Thanks.

You would be way further ahead, just to pick up a complete 4x4 Dakota and sit your body on it.
You are talking alot of fabrication just to put a front axle in the 2wd truck.

Or buy a nice winch and put on the 2wd truck, to get you out of tight spots if you get stuck.
A good set of tires, with some tire chains will take you alot of places.
And drive with common sense.

A quote from my high school buddy from 35 years ago, "4wd just takes you out further, to get you stuck worse"
He drove an old VW bug, and I had a Jeep CJ-5.

Or buy a nice winch and put on the 2wd truck, to get you out of tight spots if you get stuck.
A good set of tires, with some tire chains will take you alot of places.
And drive with common sense.

Thats the best option so far, yeah! Thanks a lot!!!

Also, I like the car as it is, and driving a 4x4 in the curvy shitty streets here is nonsense. Winch and more power and tires it is!

-
Back