A833 #'s

-

luther

Luther
Reaction score
l have an A833 trans l want to use in a A body project , l think it's a 1970 vintage but that's all the info l have , looks like a long tail shaft maybe B body , can l change the output shaft and tailshaft to fit my A body ? here are the # of the trans , THX:burnout:

o956642
0b133868
pp8832959

Luther -
Funny, I just wen through this issue. I had an E-Body 833 and needed to place it in an Abody. Here is what I learned and what I ended up doing:

You can place and E/B 833 with an adjuster pad as shown on BBDart.com. I purchased a piece of iron from a user one here to do this. Very barbaric piece and decided to find an A 833.

I looked at changing the tail shaft out, yes you can do it, however by the time you buy a tail shaft and and the rear shaft, its about as expensive as buying an A-Body 833 on CL or from a friend. I spent a lot of time on Brewers researching this, my angel was to buy from there for correct parts.

I got lucky and found a user who needed an E-Body 833, we traded linkage and all. Worked out well in the end.

Good luck and you have any questions, please post - I had a bit of a crash course and would love to share my experience to help the next person.

Tailshaft housing casting Number 13386 Aluminum 26 Spline Output Overdrive for A and F body? Should be about 12 inches long. Good advice from Cazbah362 also. Maybe you have what you need.

-
Back