a903 to a230 swap in 64 dart gt 225 slant 6

-

Bryndon Powell

Reaction score
Im currently swapping, what I believe to be an a230 transmission, out of a 72 duster. My dart had the a903 on the tree but I am now doing a floor shift with the a230. The a230 has a slip yoke instead of the pinion yoke the 903 had so i got a driveshaft also out of a 72 duster and it is way too short. Anyone know what driveshaft I should use or any other solutions?

You'll need to replace your transmission tunnel with a four speed hump.

What did you use for a bell housing? Your choice of bell housing most likely messed up your clutch linkage geometry. The best choice would have been a 64 slant 6 4 speed bell housing.

What did you use for a bell housing? Your choice of bell housing most likely messed up your clutch linkage geometry. The best choice would have been a 64 slant 6 4 speed bell housing.
The bellhousings from the 903 and the 230 seemed almost identical I haven't set up any of the clutch linkage but it seemed the clutch fork was in the same spot.

I believe that the 230 takes the same pattern as an 833, I have attached a photo of slant 6 bellhousings a 64 slant 6 833 bellhousing should be what you are using for the correct placement of the bell crank. As for a bolt in driveshaft a 66 Dart driveshaft should fit as long as it is for the same rear axle.

Attachments

• slant 6 bell housings.pdf
    88.5 KB · Views: 83
Not for an A230 3 speed.

-
Back