A904 Cable Shift Transmissions

-

cmpierce-1

Reaction score
I am trying to find a cable shift transmission for my 1964 Dart. I have seen several Dodge Polaras with Push button shifters and a little research says the A904 was a Polara option.

Will this transmission work in my Dart?
Are there different versions of the A904 from 1962 - 1965?

Most polara's were big block if it is a small block car the trans should be the same. I have two in So Cal if you can't find one.

Pierce,
I have replaced the cables before it is not that bad. However imperial services has an adapter the will let you use a late transmission with a cable shifted car, push button, column, or console. I will be doing this in my 65 Signet. So from 1960-65 all slant six transmissions are the same as far as I know 904. And all V8 transmissions for 64&65 are the same 904's. 66 went to rod type. Give me a PM if you need any help.

You talk of using a polara, I thought they all came with 727 but I could be wrong.

I don't know if your car is a six or eight cylinder, but I would go with a late trans if you need a new one.

I have one for a slant 6 if that is what you are looking for from my 64 Dart. Near Vegas. Worked good with converter,, $100.

2ManyMopars,good to know there is a trans if I need it. Thanks

64_Baracuda, Good stuff! I need to check out Imperial. Any details you can share would be great. Is this the place http://www.imperialservices.net/

Darter6, So I have a Slant 6 with the Push Button A904. The /6 A904 won't match up to a V8.

-
Back