A904 renew w/pics, tools

-
Cool fishy68!

I'm getting ready to build a 904 for my Valiant and was gonna do pics/write-up of sorts on here. I've got the TF2 as well but am gonna just go ahead and do the install while it's all apart. I was going to have to purchase a new front drum but I took the old one to work (front band was bare metal and ground into the drum) and had one of our machinists resurface it. Only took .011" to clean up, which I was happy about. Price for work....24oz Pepsi. lol

Look forward to seeing more!

Thanks for the links Fishy! I had heard of air testing them, just wasn't sure how it was to be done. I was going to do the assembly before going into the case, but it definitely makes sense to do it once its in there as well

It works! I have the Barracuda back on road running like new! The transmission shifts perfect, smooth starts, quickl shifting, kick down works properly. Gone is the low speed clunk when down shifting, the slight flare in engine speed when shifting and the slight flutter when starting from a stop. And no leaks.

I also did an engine reseal in the car, and a few other seals. That all went well for the car, but was hard on my muscles and joints. I am improving each day.

The early A provides a few wrenching challenges, but is very rewarding when the work goes well.

Excellent Kit! I know just what your saying about the muscle/joint aches. Got a steel cage in my neck and several deteroriated discs in my back so wrenching has slowed way down on my Cuda. Still love doing it though, just take a little longer.

I think it has some to do with using the torque wrench at the weird positions working around obstacles. My wife helped by reading the scale. I need to get back into tai chi, it really helps.

-
Back