A904 VENT RELOCATE?

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
well I was planning on starting to work on the car, but my washer machine took a bump. so had to go buy new ones for wifey
my question is.... Have anyone out there plugged the font pump vent off, and relocated the vent elsewhere before? I have it apart already, really didn't want to weaken the case by drilling it in wrong spot. I've also heard of in the of of tail shaft assy? thought I saw a relocation kit online before. anyone out there doing , or done this? any pics at all? thanks guys... accumulating the rebuild parts one piece at a time...
also is the front band strut different form a904 to 727? didn't find a band strut for a904, lots of 727 and one place calms fits both?

Last edited:
Mine is relocated, there is a passageway that you have to drill into. You have to plug the vent in the front. DAMHIK.

Read about trans. vents here.

I used a parts store vent from a Turbo 350, looks like a little green mushroom.

cool I was thing in the rear anyways. but I was thinking tail housing up top. will look into this, thanks
any thoughts of band strut?

Several yrs. ago I tried this and it slung ATF out the vent like crazy. Did some searching and it seems that unless you remove the governor and block the feeds to and from the governor this will happen. In other words don't do this unless your doing a full race only trans. If you keep the correct level of fluid in the trans and keep it cool there's no reason to worry about relocating the vent on a street/strip car

Yes the band struts are the same for a 904 and 727

-
Back