Aaaaaaggggghhhhhhh!!!

-

MB43

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ah, much better now.

You ain't kidding.

There's this guy I deal with at work, he's a complete tool. But I have to rely on him to get something done and he's not getting it done. I felt like strangling him a few times today.

That plus the fact that I haven't had a smoke in almost a month made my brain angry. A couple of screams, kicked the dog a few times, slammed my head into a wall and I'm feeling better. Wish I could take the Duster for a blast down the track, that'd help a bit.

Just kidding about the dog, of course. ;-)

The smoking thing may or may not get better. On going on 7 months now. I wont ever go back to smoking but man I would love one right now. Michelle tried to quit but only made it a week and caved. Now Im back to kissing an ash tray.

Mmmm.... kissing an ash tray. Oh wait, that's a bad thing.

I tell you what. Every time you feel you like you want a smoke, put a dollar in an envolope. At the end of the week, send it to me. When I feel like I want a smoke I'll pull one of your dollars and get myself a Dr. Pepper. That way we'd be helping each other not smoke.

Howzat?

The worst part about not smoking is I can't drink either, cuz I want a smoke as soon as I pop open a beer. Man, this sucks.

I couldn't touch beer or coffee for 2 months. It was awful. I can drink a lot of coffee so that was tuff. Now and can drink them with out problems. I could do the dollar thing but its actually not very often that I want one anymore. The smell of it gives me a headache now and I have to keep yelling at people to stop smoking in my garage. If its to cold to go out side and smoke. Don't smoke. I'm becoming one of those ex smokers all smoker hate.

AdamR said:
I couldn't touch beer or coffee for 2 months. It was awful. I can drink a lot of coffee so that was tuff. Now and can drink them with out problems. I could do the dollar thing but its actually not very often that I want one anymore. The smell of it gives me a headache now and I have to keep yelling at people to stop smoking in my garage. If its to cold to go out side and smoke. Don't smoke. I'm becoming one of those ex smokers all smoker hate.

Alas for poor me, I don't drink coffee. Dr. Pepper is my slimulant of choice.

I love me some Dr Pepper too, but man does it ever clean me out. I call it Dr Pooper. My friend likes to go to the drive up window and order Dr Pecker. Did you ever have Dr Thunder ? Just as good but cheaper. They have it at Walmart.

Congrats to both of you for quitting smoking. :salute: I have been smoke
free since Christmas Eve 1991. Quit right after my heart attack...lost half of my heart in an instant. Got my wife to use the patches and in a month and a half she had kicked the habit also. :love4:

I'm like you Adam.......can't stand to be around the smell anymore if I can help it.

Yep, me too. Feeling better today. ;-)

I was ready to shoot someone yesterday. But I stayed away from the nasty smokes and Im not as p.o'd today.

AdamR said:
I was ready to shoot someone yesterday. But I stayed away from the nasty smokes and Im not as p.o'd today.
My wife and I went out for a few hours last night, had a couple of beers for the first time since I quit smoking. I didn't even think about going out for a smoke at any time. Yay me!

When we got home my wife went outside to "check the weather", when I checked on her she was smoking... grrrr....

Mikel, You need to change your avatar. Get rid of that smoker.
I quit smoking 2 weeks and 2 days ago. Boy I can get bitchey.
The wifes been helping me a bunch. She has alternitive methods to keep me from smoking. She's been wearing me out :happy4:

Mopower71 said:
Mikel, You need to change your avatar. Get rid of that smoker.

I'll change it, but only for a couple of weeks. That's a picture of Lemmy Kilmister, who is probably the coolest man on the planet. Now it's a pic of my kid. ;-)

I quit smoking 2 weeks and 2 days ago. Boy I can get bitchey.

Me too, I was amazed and what set me off. I'd start yelling at people for no reason. The other day in 7-11 I came close to pushing an old lady out of the way, she was spending too much time searching through her purse for change.

The wifes been helping me a bunch. She has alternitive methods to keep me from smoking. She's been wearing me out :happy4:

Think she could help me out too? :scratch:

Congratulations to all who have quit smoking, I quit nearly 40 years ago, as a young know it all after about three years of the smokes I decided I wasn't as smart as I thought since I was on a path to possibly slowly killing myself. And I'm not wanting to raise any tail feathers here, but the worst thing in my estamation is to see a lady smoking, and it's nothing to do with her personal rights what so ever, to me is just so belittling of and to her. I'm not a "womaniser" but women are the most beautiful and remarkable thing that the good Lord made, so why would they want to diminish that aureole? Honestly, she could be the most beautiful woman on earth for every reason a man could think of and if she smoked I would not have and interest. Congratulations to the smoke free people .

My grandmother died of lung cancer.. good on you for stopping. Isnt it good to have a forum full of amazing people like us to fall back on and just yell? lol! Good luck to you, stay away from the cancer sticks :headbang:

Congrats. Five months for me here, and two for the wife, and we diddnt kill each other! YET! LOL! Everyone stay strong, like Adam said the coffee is a ***** at first, but to all who have quit DONT GO BACK It aint worth it!!

mikelbeck said:
I'll change it, but only for a couple of weeks. That's a picture of Lemmy Kilmister, who is probably the coolest man on the planet. Now it's a pic of my kid. ;-)

Me too, I was amazed and what set me off. I'd start yelling at people for no reason. The other day in 7-11 I came close to pushing an old lady out of the way, she was spending too much time searching through her purse for change.

Think she could help me out too? :scratch:
Umm No. She's been to busy with me.
It is amazing what sets you off with the lack of nicotine.
The kids have no effect no matter what they do, they don't seem to bother me at all. It's only the things the adults do that seems to agrivate me.
For me, it was a good time to quit. I changed jobs, so there are a bunch of triggers that aren't there any more.
I did quit for 3 1/2 years, and foolishly went back to them when I was going through a divorce.
Have to tell you, quitting the second time has been worse. I've been trying to do this for the last few years, and I only seem to make it a week or two, then it starts all over.
I'm done this time. I won't start this crap again. And at $5.00 a day at least, I can use the cash for something else.

Did you use the gum or patch or anything? I'm on the patch, tomorrow I move to "step 2", which is half the nicotine of the one I've been on. My cardiologist offered me a prescription to some new drug that works on the brain, I told him I didn't want to mess around with my brain, it's funky enough as is.

used the very infected wisdom teeth method. Cost me over $1000 to quite and hurt like hell but it was worth it in the end.

AdamR said:
used the very infected wisdom teeth method. Cost me over $1000 to quite and hurt like hell but it was worth it in the end.

Strange, my doctor didn't tell me anything about that method. :scratch:

mikelbeck said:
Did you use the gum or patch or anything? I'm on the patch, tomorrow I move to "step 2", which is half the nicotine of the one I've been on. My cardiologist offered me a prescription to some new drug that works on the brain, I told him I didn't want to mess around with my brain, it's funky enough as is.
I used the patch also. Itch like crazy about 10 min after you put them on. Then end up with what looks like a burn, and the skin is raised where the patch was. It's still better than smoking.
A few years ago my Dr was going to perscribe a pill that you take once a day for a month, you continue to smoke while taking it, and on abouts the 30th day you stop smoking. I didn't try it, as the insurance wouldn't cover it, and it was $110.
At that point in time I couldn't afford the $110 and the price of smokes, so I just kept smoking.

pop daily vitamins a couple times a day or some b complex vitamins...helps calm the nerves

I know someone that was taking a pill and started loosing his vision from it. He stopped the pill and went back to smoking. I guess he would rather stop breathing then go blind. :wack:

-
Back